shipping not updating to checkout total

Guest hardcore77

Guest hardcore77

Hi Everyone,

i posted the topic regarding the shipping not updating to the cart total yesterday, i have been reading about a bug regarding this and many people seem to be having this problem too. One person did say about clicking the update cart button in step 4, so i tried this and then the shipping did update onto the cart total.

The problem we have then is that the cutstomer is not going to do this and be charged free shipping. We need to have an automatic update to the cart total so the customer is not getting free shipping!

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Hi, ive been doing alot of searching around in regards to the problem. If you click on the Continue button at Step 3 it should auto refresh the page to step 4 with added postage. Ive had one order go through without postage, whether this was related to the normal shipping problem im not sure.

What I have done though is on my cart.tpl file, on the next line after <!-- BEGIN: step_3 -->

ive added:

<body onLoad="java script:submitDoc('cart')"></body>

Im not sure whether I was right in doing so, but appears to be working fine.

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest megagente

Hi, ive been doing alot of searching around in regards to the problem. If you click on the Continue button at Step 3 it should auto refresh the page to step 4 with added postage. Ive had one order go through without postage, whether this was related to the normal shipping problem im not sure.

What I have done though is on my cart.tpl file, on the next line after <!-- BEGIN: step_3 -->

ive added:

<body onLoad="java script:submitDoc('cart')"></body>

Im not sure whether I was right in doing so, but appears to be working fine.

Regards!

I tried this one but dont work

Try putting it after <!-- BEGIN: step_4 -->

This is a cludge but it works... it simply refreshes the screen over and over, causing the shipping to get added. However, if you have multiple shipping options, this will not work for you because they will not have the ability to use the shipping drop down to select alternate shipping.

There needs to be conditional checking in the tpl files.

Hi there.. I also have this problem, but unfortunately adding this line after step 4 does not work, as it keeps reloading the page until I press ESC. There must be another option.

BTW, the same thing happens when I edit the Delivery address (eg. the country) (in step 3) and then pressing "Continue". In step 4, it selects a shipping option, but does not calculate the total correctly. If you use different shipping costs for different zones or countries, then this will cause a serious problem in the operation of the cart.

Any other ideas will be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

PS. I have thought of adding an extra SELECT option value into the code, which will then show that as the first option: eg: "Select shipping method" but how would you "force" the customer to choose, and what would happen if the customer does not select anything... it should essentially stop him from continuing to Payment process, inform the user that a shipping option must be selected, and only then it will allow him to continue to checkout.

here is standard HTML code

<td align="right">Shipping:</td>

<td width="110" align="right">

<select name='shipping' onchange="submitDoc('cart');">

<option value='0C1|20'selected='selected'>$20.00 (EMS Express Service)/option>

<option value='0C2|6.5'>$6.50 (Registered Mail)</option>

</select></td>

so the above should be edited somehow in the script. Maybe somebody can work this out.

Guest megagente

The problem is that customers sometimes they dont read and will press CONTINUE. Yes there must be an option to stop the payment a return the customer to the Add Shipping metho page.

Guest Lorissia

Hi Brooky:

I upgraded to 3.03 following all instructions. Everything seems to work except the following:

Shipping is showing up now in the total however, when you click continue to go to PayPal , the amount it sends to PayPal is still without the shipping charge.

Also, if you look at the order through admin, where it formerly showed "pending" now the dropdown list doesn't show any choices at all.

Please advise ?

Thanks

Hi Brooky:

Shipping is showing up now in the total however, when you click continue to go to PayPal , the amount it sends to PayPal is still without the shipping charge.

Me too.

Guest Lorissia

Brooky:

I spent hours again, reuploading ALL the files except the exact ones that you state in your upgrade txt info. I had to upgrade from 3.0 since fantastico does not have an upgrade built in for your program, and it only installs 3.0 (you may want to send them the newest version so they can promote a good setup).

Is there an easier way for me to find out what is going on in this code? Or which exact file you think this problem is in? I don't have problems with ftp or overwriting, etc. I do see that the shipping is added after about the third time you click on continue (which seems excessive for a customer to keep clicking and refreshing the screen so many times) but the amount sending to PayPal is definately not the right amount. I took out the "tax" line in line 105 that I read in another post, Just in case, but that didn't solve the problem either.

I'm really anxious for a fast answer on this as I setup this cart for a customer and it just doesn't look good for either of us. I'm trying really hard here to figure out what is wrong but I've already spent countless hours on it only to find out that it was a bug originally. Help please?

PS...I did this one more time, only this time I backed up the database and skins, reinstalled a brand new 3.03 over the top of what was there, walked through all the install steps and then rewrote the skins directory and logo files, up loaded all the images and restored the database. I have the same exact problem as I had before. I have all the files from your 3.03 upgrade download section. I use by category shipping, everything else is out of the box.

Guest Lorissia

Please respond as there is a definate problem here with the amount the cubecart 3.03 is sending to PayPal.

Here is the info on the paypal side:

Payment For: Cart Order No: 050928-142313-1619

Quantity: 1

Amount: $16.24 USD

Shipping & Handling: $0.00 USD

Sales Tax: $16.24 USD

Total Amount: $32.48 USD

Here is the info on the order side at cube cart:

Order Date/Time: Sep 28 2005, 14:23 PM

Payment Method: PayPal

Shipping Method: By Category (National)

Subtotal: $15.00

Total Tax: $1.24

Shipping: $2.97

Grand Total: $19.21

As you can see, it is NOT adding the shipping (shipping override IS activated on the paypal account). As well as not including the shipping, it is adding the whole total again as sales tax instead of the percentage set in sales tax (8.25%) . This cart is live. Please contact me with help even if you need to see the files. Is anyone using this in a live environment and using by category shipping and paypal standard? I am desperate to get this rectified asap.

Isn't there a way it can just send the grand total to paypal as one amount including shipping?

Lorissa,

Firstly, the problem with PayPal adding a tax equal to the subtotal has already been discussed and solved. Please see the post pinned to the top of General Support.

Secondly, I have a test version of 3.0.3 setup on my machine, and I have tried as best I can to replicate the problem you have pointed out... but it seems to work fine for me! Although you have done well to provide the amount of information that you did, perhaps more is needed. My main question is - is the shipping equal to 0 in PayPal every single time, or just occassionally? Before upgrading to 3.0.3, did you test this scenario and see if it occurred with an earlier version, e.g. 3.0.2? And can you explain what this shipping override is?

Answers to some problems in your earlier posts...

Also, if you look at the order through admin, where it formerly showed "pending" now the dropdown list doesn't show any choices at all.
If you are still having this problem, then please update your language file properly with the 3.0.3 additions.

I took out the "tax" line in line 105 that I read in another post, Just in case, but that didn't solve the problem either.
This line must be removed, because this line is what is causing your problem with PayPal adding on tax equal to the subtotal.

If you want me to help, PM me your website url ASAP so I can look at it.

Estelle.

Guest Lorissia

Okay, as a very last resort, having downgraded to 3.02 via Fantastico and facing the option of upgrading again, I decided to download the zip file again even though the date of upload shown on the website did not change and I should have had the same version as what was there. What I found was even though the website stated 9/22 as the uploaded file date for 3.03, there are files in the zip file dated 9/23. So what has happened was the makers changed the files and the website isn't showing the right info for date uploaded making us think that we have that download.

The shipping is still glitchy

Now: I get the following from Paypal page:

You have entered an invalid item amount. Please make sure any punctuation marks are in the correct places. For example, if the amount is $5.00 USD, you would enter 5.00.

as well as the shipping not being included in the total. (Only the subtotal and the tax add up to what is sent).

I have cleared all my cookies and deleted my cache just to be sure it wasn't my browser.

Thank you Estelle for your offer to help. It is MUCH appreciated after a week of trying to get 'any' answer at all on here. I chose cubeCart for this particular customer because of it's ease of use and was hoping for dependability. (He's a bit short tempered type).

After my upgrade and tests, the first test worked fine, every additional test since then has not worked. The only change I made was to the logo graphic. No other changes, and I'm using Killer skin.

Lorissia,

Thanks for the PMs. I'm glad you got your problems fixed.

If you have now found a solution (even if it is a hack) to the problems you were having, it would be appreciated if you could post it on the forum in order to help others in the same boat as you. I'm guessing that changes were made to your modules/PayPal/transfer.inc.php? Did you revert to the 3.0.2 version of the file, or something similar?

Thanks.