Sub Categories - Alphabetical?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chrismaber

Is it not possible to, let the computer do his work, and sort it out for me?

I have the same problem.

How do I sort the SubCategories in to Alaphabetical order?

I am guessing it is in the viewCat.inc.php page but am unsure where and what to script to insert.

The table I believe needed to be queried is CubeCart_inventory and the field name is productCode.

I guess I have to insert something like "ORDER BY productCode ASC" but do not know where to insert.

Could somebody please help. :w00t:

Hmm this is quite an easy fix */*

Open /includes/contents/viewCat.inc.php

Find somewhere @ line 158

$productListQuery = "SELECT ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id, ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId, productCode, quantity, description, image, price, name, popularity, sale_price, stock_level, useStockLevel FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx INNER JOIN ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory ON ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId = ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory.productId WHERE ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['catId']);

Replace it with

$productListQuery = "SELECT ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id, ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId, productCode, quantity, description, image, price, name, popularity, sale_price, stock_level, useStockLevel FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx INNER JOIN ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory ON ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.productId = ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory.productId WHERE ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_idx.cat_id = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['catId'])." ORDER BY name ASC";

:w00t:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

As a side note, many people asked for this mod in the previous versions of CC...Why dont they just include this (among other "really asked for" mods) in the default version? I recall using the CC ver 2.x.x and they were asking for this left and right.

Guest groovejuice

That's a bitter and cynical comment @_steve; not to mention just plain wrong. In actuality there are many free mods and fixes available. The vast majority of people who sell mods for CubeCart offer excellent products for a very reasonable price and typically provide support as well. These very same people are the ones who voluntarily (for no remuneration whatsoever) spend hours assisting users on this forum, many of whom don't bother to hunt in the archives or use the search function.

• 1 month later...
Guest ilsesthings

Right now they're simply in the order they were inserted into the database. You'll have to specify the sort order if you want them listed differently.

Sir William,

Fate reunites us, I see! :)

I'd love to specify the order of the subcategories, and not necessarily by alphabetical order. Where would I do this and how?

Thanks so much! :)

ilse

www.ilsesthings.com

Guest illusen

Right now they're simply in the order they were inserted into the database. You'll have to specify the sort order if you want them listed differently.

Sir William,

Fate reunites us, I see! :)

I'd love to specify the order of the subcategories, and not necessarily by alphabetical order. Where would I do this and how?

Thanks so much! :)

ilse

www.ilsesthings.com

I also want to sort them but not in alpha order. is it a case of adding the sub cats in order that I want them? If so it's a bit of a long way round as I'll be adding more sub cats later....

Anyone know of any mods for this? Many thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd also like to be able to manually sort subcategories. Can this be done?

Yes i have done this in my site. What i did was put spaces at the front of the category names. The more spaces infront the higher up the page your category will apprear (and the spaces dont show up in your shopping cart).

Hope this helps.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest speckled

is it possible to create a list for your subcategories instead of a folder icon, as it was for the categories? I have that info saved, and I can't find where to create a list for your subcategories.

Thanks,

Nancie