Sub Catagories all mixed up

Guest Dealerandy

Guest Dealerandy

Please could someone help me. I do not know where to look for the correct file to amend for this problem. http://www.micromods.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=5

My sub catagories are not aligned properly. I had to amend the Pixel height on the homepage to sort this out. will I have to do the same here. If so how and where. I am not very good with scripts as I am a complete beginner.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Guest Dealerandy

Thank you for your help. However I cannot seem to find anything with searches. could you point me in the correct direction.

Thank you very much.

Guest Dealerandy

Thank you. The only problem is that I had that problem and rectified it. The problem I have is with the sub catagoires not latest products. Maybe I have missed the point completly and it is the same fix for both. If so I am sorry.

Thanks

Guest estelle

Dealerandy, yes it is the same fix for both problems. You will need to add a height and width attributes to the style used for you subcategory images, ie .subCat

Or you can use Goobers solution and put the images in table cells rather than floating divs. But note that this would mean that you would always have a fixed number of images shown on each line, regardless of the width of the browser.

I used this fix and it worked perfectly for the latest items but I am still unclear as how to make "the same" mods for the catagories. I am not very well versed in style sheets so I am sorry if I am overlooking the obvious.

Thank you in advance for an explanation geared to the less experienced.

Thank you!

Peace,

Jesse

Guest estelle

If you want to make the change the easy way, i.e. using styles, then you want to modify the style called ".subCat". This will be in one of the two style sheets. Locate this and then try setting different width and height attributes until you are happy with what it looks like. The idea is that all category images should fit within the width and height you specify, otherwise if one image is too large it may cause the effect you are currently observing. E.g. try adding this text to .subCat, and then you can probably reduce the numbers till you are happy:

width: 200px;

height: 200px;

If you want to make the change the easy way, i.e. using styles, then you want to modify the style called ".subCat". This will be in one of the two style sheets. Locate this and then try setting different width and height attributes until you are happy with what it looks like. The idea is that all category images should fit within the width and height you specify, otherwise if one image is too large it may cause the effect you are currently observing. E.g. try adding this text to .subCat, and then you can probably reduce the numbers till you are happy:

Thank you very much. I will try it but I can tell you the problem existed before I added any images to the catagories...but then again the text descriptions may have been to long. I will try it and tell you how it works.

Thank you VERY much.

Peace,

Jesse

Bingo! It worked!

I am in the cyber presence of greatness! Thank you!

Peace,

Jesse