order added to database before payment

Guest rainman7715

Guest rainman7715

Hello,

CubeCart adds the order to the database and sends the email before the user pays for the order. This is a problem because our database is filling with incomplete pending orders. If someone could please help fix-hack or is there just somthing I'm missing in the config.

Please Help!!!!

Thanks,

Seann Gearhart

I'd say it would be safe to say that we have one of the largest CubeCart sites with over 41,000 products in our database. We are in the development stages right now but are already processing over 30 orders per day.

http://www.cmhobbies.com

yeah this would be a nice fix orders added to the database after payment has been applied and processing or order deleted if canceled lots of pending orders showing up from paypal and authnet transactions.

mail orders would have to be handled as they are now because they should be pending as you have to set them manually when you receive the payment via snail mail

definetly room for some changes in this area...

Guest rainman7715

I started work on a hack for this. I will release it for free when I'm finished. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The only hard part about doing this is that a lot of people are using PayPal and the shoppers don't return to the site when finished with the paypal checkout (IPN). We use PayPal website payments Pro and are building this hack for this payment processor only. I will leave it up to the community to make any further changes.

Well, my new order export package will export any type of order by any date range you wish. It would be cake to add in the ability to manually purge old Pending orders after you've done an export of the data for future use. Lemme know if that would be a help?

Here are a couple of screen shots. The 2nd has been shortened a bit to fit easier on your screen, but rest assured, there are 35 fields available. :o

order-export-1_thumb.gif order-export-2_thumb.gif

Guest rainman7715

Well the mod - hack I am building will get rid of pending orders almost completely except for those that use the print order form gateway. We are getting an average of 8 or 9 orders every day that don't get completed and just sit at pending. What we are going to do is move the order database insert from step 5(payment) to the order complete step. So the order that is inserted into the database is complete. I gave the project a completion date by the 10th of this month. I will have the first version of this mod available for download from this site by the 11th.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, or support during the build process. I will try to build in any requests posted to this form topic before the 7th.

Well the mod - hack I am building will get rid of pending orders almost completely except for those that use the print order form gateway. We are getting an average of 8 or 9 orders every day that don't get completed and just sit at pending. What we are going to do is move the order database insert from step 5(payment) to the order complete step. So the order that is inserted into the database is complete. I gave the project a completion date by the 10th of this month. I will have the first version of this mod available for download from this site by the 11th.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, or support during the build process. I will try to build in any requests posted to this form topic before the 7th.

I'm having a similar problem and wonder if anyone has a fix.

Cube cart is reporting orders (10 out of the last 60) and Verisign (my gateway) doesn't show them at all.

So Cube Cart isn't passing these orders through to Verisign... not even as Declined....

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck Jacobs

Ok, I added this feature today. The updated version now shows you how many of each type of order you have total in the database. It also let's you specify a purge threshold in days. It will then tell you how many pending orders are more than X days old. You can set that to any # you want. With a single click then, you can delete all of those pending orders placed more than that many days ago.

It's completely self-installing too. Only have to add one line to each of two different files. :rolleyes:

Guest rainman7715

Started work on the mod today. I did get the database insert moved to the order complete step. still working on getting things buttoned, up testing, etc. I will not guarantee this mod will work for everyone because we don't use every gateway. I think It should function properly for most of them though. We are running CubeCart 3.0.3 with 3.0.4 update. This is moving faster than I anticipated so I might have it up for download before the 11th.