Problem with prices

Guest maver

Hi all, I use v3.0.4 my problem it is:

When I mark price to a item example (1 €) in the page it appears 0,77 €.

Why?Which is the mistake?

Thank you

Guest hennaboy

Check your currency default in the general settings. Is it set to Euro?

Also check the currencies. Make sure that your Euro is 1.000 and not any other value.

Guest ssppaarree

Hi,

I have a simular problem.

Is it possible to change the "." (period) to a "," (comma) for the currencies? My currency is set to Euros but I still have a "." (period) at the decimal.

I published a new version of the functions.php file that would support VERY large numbers and a way to show european currency annotation. You can do it by incorporating this into yours.

In /includes/functions.inc.php replace your existing priceFormat() function with this one:

//////////////////////////////////

// Format Price

////////

function priceFormat($price, $dispNull = FALSE){

if($price == TRUE){

global $currencyVars;

$price = $price * $currencyVars[0]['value'];

#################################################################

#               Edit made by Sir William -- http://www.swscripts.com/

#               Here's the original line from the code:

#               return $currencyVars[0]['symbolLeft'].sprintf("%.".$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces']."f", $price).$currencyVars[0]['symbolRight'];

#

#               The following line will properly format the number with commas and a

#               decimal in US format like this:  1,234,567.89

return $currencyVars[0]['symbolLeft'].number_format($price,$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces'], '.', ',').$currencyVars[0]['symbolRight'];

#               If you'd like a European convention of: 1.234.567,89 simply comment

#               the above line and uncomment the one below

#               return $currencyVars[0]['symbolLeft'].number_format($price,$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces'], ',', '.').$currencyVars[0]['symbolRight'];

} elseif($dispNull == TRUE) {

global $currencyVars;

#################################################################

#               Edit made by Sir William -- http://www.swscripts.com/

#               Here's the original line from the code:

#               return $currencyVars[0]['symbolLeft'].sprintf("%.".$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces']."f", 0.00).$currencyVars[0]['symbolRight'];

#

#               The following line will properly format the number with commas and a

#               decimal in US format like this:  1,234,567.89

return $currencyVars[0]['symbolLeft'].number_format(0.00,$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces'], '.', ',').$currencyVars[0]['symbolRight'];

#               If you'd like a European convention of: 1.234.567,89 simply comment

#               the above line and uncomment the one below

#               return $currencyVars[0]['symbolLeft'].number_format(0.00,$currencyVars[0]['decimalPlaces'], '.', '.').$currencyVars[0]['symbolRight'];

} else {

return FALSE;

}

}

It also supports MUCH larger currency amounts. Comment or uncomment the version you like. I'd think that in a future version, brooky will add a switch for this. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pheasant

Hi all, I'm new to Cube Cart & the forum but not new to ecommerce & web design.

My problem is that the price I set in the admin, eg, £21.99, is not what shows on the site. For some reason it shows £11.31. ;) My version is Cube Cart 3.04, and the Sale mode is switched off in the admin, problem still there either way.

Has any one any ideas?

Sean

Guest Pheasant

:)

Did you read the first three posts in this topic? ;)

Yes I have.

I had set the value to 1.0000, which saved correctly, but the problem persists. I may reinstall the package and see how it goes.

All settings within the admin seem fine and a colleague who works with me says all seems well. A second head on the job helps sometimes.

Not to worry, I will try a reinstall and see how it goes.

Guest estelle

As long as your default currency (in Admin General Settings) is set to GBP, and your GBP exchange rate is set to 1.0, your prices should be okay. Post a URL if you like ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest digilution

As long as your default currency (in Admin General Settings) is set to GBP, and your GBP exchange rate is set to 1.0, your prices should be okay. Post a URL if you like ;)

I had the same problem where my prices were different. I changed the default currency to GBP and set it at 1.0 and US set at a lower rate but my products show in $ not £.

:huh:

Help

What I have noticed now if I disable US dollars in the setup, is stated update failed.

Is it possible only to show one currency?

Guest degsey69

What I have noticed now if I disable US dollars in the setup, is stated update failed.

Yes it is possible to have only one currency by only enabling the one you wish to use in the admin panel. I have found that if it is a British site using GBP then why bother to show the rest it just deters from the true point of the shoppingcart and thats SALES!!!!!

If you are only selling in one country then only use that curency and that allows you to edit out the curency box in the index.tpl in your skins folder which gives you more space to use in the columns to promote sales. ;)

Guest digilution

Yes it is possible to have only one currency by only enabling the one you wish to use in the admin panel. I have found that if it is a British site using GBP then why bother to show the rest it just deters from the true point of the shoppingcart and thats SALES!!!!!

If you are only selling in one country then only use that curency and that allows you to edit out the curency box in the index.tpl in your skins folder which gives you more space to use in the columns to promote sales. :D

;)

Guest degsey69

Ok

To explain further, I just experimented with my test store with a fresh install, its seems that just by changing the currency to GBP in admin and updating it still shows as $ even with UK GBP as the only currency, but I noticed that when I changed the address to United Kingdom in the admin panel and updated, the currency then defaulted to GBP in the shopping cart.

Hope this works for you ;)

• 1 year later...
Guest Arono

Hi,

I have a problem with the price. When I'm adding a product and enter the amount in euros, it changes to us dollars. How do i get the Add Product to add the price in euros.

I've also edited the default currency on General Settings to Euro.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Guest fightingfund

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Hennaboy - a little trap for beginners that I also fell into.

:yeahhh: A big thank you from me too.

• 1 month later...
Guest DarkSkull

I have a price issue that has not been covered by the previous posts.

When I add my products I have put in the price, but when I look at the items as a customer would the prices are not being displayed. I have double and triple checked my settings and everything looks correct. Am I missing something somewhere that is causing my prices to not be shown?

Thx

Darkskull