3.0.5 E-Mail Issue -- FIXED!

Hi

I’m no expert with PHP so sorry if I’m making a mistake in what I’m looking at!

I’ve just checked my download folder and had a look at /includes/orderSuccess.inc.php

On my download copy as well as my installed copy of 3.0.4 I don’t have this code on line 163 in either file!

In my orderSuccess.inc.php it seems to be missing, I’ve done a search on both files, live and in my downloaded copy!

What I have:

128 $mail->setText($text);

129 $mail->setReturnPath($config['masterEmail']);

130 $mail->setFrom($config['masterName'].' <'.$config['masterEmail'].'>');

131 $mail->setSubject($lang['front']['orderSuccess']['inv_email_subject'].$cart_order_id);

132 $mail->setHeader('X-Mailer', 'CubeCart Mailer');

133 $send = $mail->send(array($order[0]['email']), $config['mailMethod']);

135 // Send Email To Access the Digital Download IF Applicable ;o)

157 $mail->setText($text);

158 $mail->setReturnPath($config['masterEmail']);

159 $mail->setFrom($config['masterName'].' <'.$config['masterEmail'].'>');

160 $mail->setSubject($lang['front']['orderSuccess']['digi_subject'].$cart_order_id);

161 $mail->setHeader('X-Mailer', 'CubeCart Mailer');

162 $send = $mail->send(array($order[0]['email']), $config['mailMethod']);

164 }

165 // empty basket

My problem is when an order is placed Admin gets an email OK. But this is a link to the order not any detail!

Admin is getting the correct link as far as I can see.

What I want is what I have in my other test site on old ver 2 is a detailed email of the order, not just a link? Would be good if I could have one or the other or both as options under the Admin config page!?

Reason for this I want to able to get an order on my PDA and not have to then connect back to the WWW and login to Admin over GPRS etc…!

There is no customer email sent on completion of order!

Ver 2 sends an email in a couple of seconds!

Email will send when order status in Admin is changed manually!

Has this been changed as intended by you guys?

What options I would like is the customer gets an email as in Ver 2 say something like we have received your order, and then perhaps something like – You will receive a further email shortly confirming the status of your order.

That would be when you go into Admin and change the status manually!

Note. I just like to see when I place an order on-line generally an email come back straight away so I know it at least it was received! Looks more pro!

Other problem is when I place an order using Postal etc. It has no link back to my shop! This was in Ver 2 also. The only way back is using Back in the browser!

Sorry if I’ve bugged up somewhere, perhaps I’ve done something wrong with the install. Fresh install by the way!

Cheers

John

Well Sir Will I'm not sure what the heck it is. But What I just checked has got me really puzzled.

I just opened orderSuccess.inc.php directly from the zip file downloaded from CC and it is as I posted!!!

I'll try editing once I've had some shuteye!

Any chance you could answer my other questions here please or should that be a new post?

I'm about 18 hours into my time spent on my site so far! Should I start all from scratch eeek… :angry: or is there a quick way to check each file like some sort of CRC tool to check all the files in a few seconds etc...?

Is there such a tool to run this on the web installed version?

This would verify that nothing has been missed or corrupted during FTP upload etc...?

Many thanx

maybe this is not the spot....but....

some weird email issues:

So basically here is what is happening....

1. no email is sent to admin when order is placed

2. no email is sent when i try the email customer function

3. email IS sent when I change the staus of an order...customer does recieve the email

Any help with this???

3.0.5 using smtp

Added Sir Williams Email Fix works great I now recieve detailed email about order.

However customer not getting any email unless I change status of order then they only get what the status has changed to not what the order was.

And anyone know why we can't change Lang or currency on the frontend ?

Thanks for the fix Sir William