How's about a Wiki?

jerseyjoe

I've been snipping at the lack of docs for CC but I am not as negative as I may have been sounding. I love CC and want to see it grow. It's time for me to make a positive contribution - or at least suggest one and ask if others here in the support agree that it would be.

I own a hosting company. If a few other people are willing to start creating a set of CC3 docs, I'll provide the hosting free of charge and install Wilki software dedicated to the purpose.

Am I on the right track here? Would anyone else support the writing of the docs in a Wiki environment?

Joe

Hi there Joe,

posters have allready posted and added in the download area and not only, documentation on CC. :lol:

Documentation and Tutorials

I dont see any reason why they should not continue doing so and posting them here since anyone who is interested in CC would logically look first at the CC official site, here. ;)

On the other hand if anyone is interested in doing it the way you suggest, nobody can stop them from doing so :D

This is my personall opinion :)

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

Thank you for the offer jerseyjoe. A CC Wiki is something that is being worked on currently for the cubecart website, and will be with us soon.

I'm afraid thats all that really can be said at this time. More details will follow when available ;)

It is hoped that a WIKI, as you have pointed out, and has been mentioned a number of times before, will help the documentation and be a good reference for people wanting a quick answer.

Kindest Regards,

William Renfrew.

posters have allready posted and added in the download area and not only, documentation on CC. :D

Documentation and Tutorials

That link contains tutorials and tips which, while useful and very welcome, are not at all the same thing as a coherent and comprehnsive set of docs. I am referring to a project organized the same as a hard copy manual, with a logical TOC, by chapter and subject, searchable by keyword.

That can be done with a Wiki. Done that way, it is a totally different thing from a forum with topically organized tips and tutorials. A Wiki covers the entire product, with sections written and refined by knowledgable users.

For example, there would be chapters on moding and skinning, chapters defining error messages, chapters spelling out where and how various relements are defined, etc.

I hope that the Wiki mentioned above is heading in that directions and if I can help accomplish that, please ask.

Joe

hi all,

i have to say that a wiki is much needed and a must for CC due to the lack of proper "logical" DOC, if CC was more well documented more people will actually buy a license,or donate to the developer.

my self included. :whistle:

• 2 months later...

EDIT BY Aikido::: [[Original message deleted]]

Ok Now onto serious matters, Im sorry about that Wiki Post guys its not ment to be public yet but my misses here thought it would be funny to post it on here lol...

well i guess it is kinda funny lol... ;) anyway im hoping that i can sort that wiki site out ASAP and get brookys aproval as an unofficial wiki though i know with .org just comming out ect people may be causious ( including brooky ) ...

Anyway ill talk it over with the big man on monday and at minimum there is a domain there :)