Categories Alphabtized & Number of products

I found 2 different mods i want to imply in my cart, but i can't get them work together.

I want the categories to be in alphabetical order and have them display the number of products beside them:

these changes were made to /include/boxes/categories.inc.php

Mod#1 (# of products)

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id, noProducts FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0");

Mod#2 (Alpha)

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0 ORDER BY cat_name ASC");

Combo String that doesn't work:

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id, noProducts FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0");

Error:Parse error: parse error, unexpected '[' in /home/stiener/public_html/lindamaysgiftbaskets/cart/includes/boxes/categories.inc.php on line 37

What am i doing wrong?

Please help, thank you.

Danny

Guest estelle

Danny,

I can't see any parse errors in the "combo string" code you posted, so I expect the error may be occuring on a different line in the file. Please double check what code occurs on line 37.

This is the correct merge for the two lines of code is:

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id, noProducts FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0 ORDER BY cat_name ASC");

Estelle.