thumbnails problem

Guest dawnsdiapers

Guest dawnsdiapers

I've been searching the boards since yesterday and haven't found a solution to the following question. Can you help?

I can't get the software to generate thumbnails and get this error

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to access /var/www/virtual/dawn.byethost.com/htdocs/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_babyblue.JPG in /var/www/virtual/dawn.byethost.com/htdocs/classes/gd.inc.php on line 153

Warning: imagejpeg(): Invalid filename '/var/www/virtual/dawn.byethost.com/htdocs/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_babyblue.JPG' in /var/www/virtual/dawn.byethost.com/htdocs/classes/gd.inc.php on line 153

The coding in my gd.inc.php file shows the following from line 149 to line 153 mentioned in the error.

if ($config['gdversion']>0) {

if ($this->img["format"]=="JPG" || $this->img["format"]=="JPEG") {

//JPEG

imageJPEG($this->img["des"],$save,$this->img["quality"]);

Any ideas how I can get it to generate the thumbnails. I just converted to cubecart yesterday after using both zencart and oscommerce and they generated thumbnails just fine.

I have confirmed with my host and in my server information that GD 2 is installed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

make sure your image/uploads and image/upload/thumbs directorys are CHMOD 777 for more details on how to do this read your FTP programs instructions on how to CHMOD...

Guest dawnsdiapers

The images folders are CHMOD to 777 already, so that didn't work.

PhP version under server info says 4.4.1

Under GD in server info it says this:

GD Support enabled

GD Version 2.0 or higher

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

T1Lib Support enabled

GIF Read Support enabled

GIF Create Support enabled

JPG Support enabled

PNG Support enabled

WBMP Support enabled

I can though (after just now testing) upload thumbs into my thumbs folder and they will show up as long as they are named exactly like the thumbnail in the error message for example this one had to be named thumb_babyblue.JPG

Edited by dawnsdiapers

• 1 month later...

Did you guys pay attention to the conversation between Estelle and convict in that thread? Etelle gave this link: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35071

I'm sure Estelle's fix woks fine, but IMO the best solution to this problem is to show this link given above to your webhost, and have him apply the patch to 4.4.1 PHP, so that no other GD issues pop up on his server.

The best web hosts will know about this issue and have patched it; if your host is ignorant of the issue it should be pointed out to him so that it may be properly patched server-side. I've encountered the problem while installing stores for customers, and the web hosts have been quick to resolve the 4.4.1 issue B)

JMHO

• 2 weeks later...

i had a similar problem but i couldnt send up .jpg as you know Markcarts :blink: still dont know what problem was so i could only send up.gif's so had to do a batch change of pics