3.0.7 woes in Admin

Guest kickass

Guest kickass

I upgraded the client's cart to 3.0.7 when it was first released, and got 403s, managed to patch via goober's fix good enough to get Paypal working on the frontend (though pay by check still didn't work) so I waited for the fix that was posted yesterday, while trying to soothe and placate the client, who still couldn't add or view product on the backend.

Yesterday I backed off the goober fixes and then I fixed all the files listed in the changelog. Now there's still a problem with add and view products, neither page shows, just a blank canvas. But no error message. Could someone please tell me what to do that will make this work?

Edited by kickass

I upgraded the client's cart to 3.0.7 when it was first released, and got 403s, managed to patch via goober's fix good enough to get Paypal working on the frontend (though pay by check still didn't work) so I waited for the fix that was posted yesterday, while trying to soothe and placate the client, who still couldn't add or view product on the backend.

Yesterday I backed off the goober fixes and then I fixed all the files listed in the changelog. Now there's still a problem with add and view products, neither page shows, just a blank canvas. But no error message. Could someone please tell me what to do that will make this work?

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, so it may be something unique to you (sorry to make you feel special). If you don't have any mods that affect your admin scripts I suggest you just upload the entire 3.0.7p1 admin folder and see if that fixes things. You may have just had a glitch in your patching somewhere.

Another possibilty is that the files that don't load properly were corrupted when uploading. I find that when you copy over fies that already exist on a server you are much more likely to end up with corrupted files. You might try just deleting those files on the server and re-uploading them before you do anything else.

As far as I know, the 3.0.7p1 admin scripts work 100%.

Guest kickass

I saw that earlier today the "already patched and ready to go" version of 3.0.7 had been posted (THANK YOU!) in the download section, so I snagged it and uploaded everything except the stuff you don't change in an upgrade. It seems to be fixed.

Too many patches make for a weak fabric . . . I'm glad things are getting sorted out.

Oh, and Brooky, if you read this, I know this was a difficult time for ALL of us, you included. Considering your holiday plans and the speed at which the exploit was exploited, the speed at which my host SHUT DOWN all CC installations, and all the stuff that came into play here (including, for me, my incredibly nervous and naive client whose site this was) you really did okay, and I thought I should open my mouth and say so . . . even if I wish just a bit you hadn't gone away over the holiday weekend :)