Rename admin folder

Guest davedavenport

Guest davedavenport

Sorry for posting this twice (posted in general discussion but think that is in the wrong area for this question)

Can the admin folder be renamed to something else?

Guest davedavenport

Yes but will require some coding changes elsewhere...

If you wish to do this ill look in to see if i can find all the needed changes...

Yes please.

I am ready to setup a few sites but the way my server is set mysite.com/admin is reserved for site.

I can use cc in its own folder and use htaccess but renaming the admin is my favoured view.

Well im getting there, but i have to change the fixed admin/ in every file in the admin folder "INCLUDING MODUALS" to .$glob['admin'] so its not an easy job at the moment...

Dont forget to buy thouse 11 licences through my affiliate link then ;) make this work worth the hours :D :D...

I will be suggesting to brooky that he includes this in the next release of Cubecart also...

Just a note this can ONLY be installed on an Un-Edited Admin area as creating the install instructions will take me 2 more days lol...

SCRATCH MY 1 - 2 day deadline IM DONE... ;)

all i need now is a brave volanteer to test this, if you are not going live with this yourself davedavenport then i can send it through to you for testing...

Note to all, this will also be very good for security as your admin directory will be renamed and so be harder to find for someone wishing to gain access...

Guest davedavenport

Dont forget to buy thouse 11 licences through my affiliate link then ;) make this work worth the hours :D :D...

Not a problem Aikdo us Welsh residents (I am not Welsh but the other half is Welsh (mother Welsh but father Irish and she was born in Wales so it counts doesnt it) should stick together.

I will be suggesting to brooky that he includes this in the next release of Cubecart also...

This in my opinion is a good move because many hackers/crackers search for admin and such like terms. In my own custom built cms I always change the name of the admin folder on every site. I always htaccess protect it as well which I am going to do with cc admin.

Guest davedavenport

SCRATCH MY 1 - 2 day deadline IM DONE... ;)

all i need now is a brave volanteer to test this, if you are not going live with this yourself davedavenport then i can send it through to you for testing...

Note to all, this will also be very good for security as your admin directory will be renamed and so be harder to find for someone wishing to gain access...

Thanks aikdo I will send you pm now with my email.

lol didn't know that, mod is freely ready for all who want to use it for current versions just contact me with your version number...

Thank you...

NOTE: this only works with v3 carts