Paypal - Digital Downloads Test..

Guest sound

Hi,

Had to start a fresh post on this coz i'm getting lost in the setup, this is my first try at this.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....wtopic=9613&hl=

I had a read over this post afterwards and it seems i got the path right, is it ok to store the

mp3 files on another hosting account and use that path instead?

I used a different site for my files /home/mycpanelusername/mydownloadsfolder/mymusicfile.mp3

I only have one credit card so for what i read here, i tryed setting up a paypal sandbox account.

Then use that email in my store? and buy witha real paypal account.. I don't think i set up any ipn or anything.

I tryed this for the first time and logged in as a customer i did the payment through paypal and i got

the email saying i made a payment but no download.. i could access a download link in the store

which lead me to a php file that reveals the path where the files are stored(which is on a different hosting account than the store)

It appears to me i don't know what i'm doin in this case.

Maybe i'm missin the plot, i set up a paypal sandbox account to use that email for my store.

Was it ok for me to make the downloads available on another server:/hosting account?

And i used the /home/username/downloads/myfile.mp3

Thank god i'm not under any time frame, just hope to figure it out sometime soon-ish,

The whole setup doesn't sound too difficut, but i'm still a bit clueless.

Maybe we could take it one step at a time, i'm in no rush, just like to know i'm doin this correctly.

To be honest, i never saw paypal sandbox untill last night, i just logged in there, set up a new account and

used that email in my store.

(will it work if there's any breaks in the link to the mp3 ex. /downloadsfolder/my mp3 file 2005.mp3)

I think this ^ could be a problem^ ?

Which reminds me, i must deactivate that product in my store for now.. can you do that instead of deleting it?

Looking forward to some sound advice.

Later thanks

I've tryed 2 tutorials, added 2 new files removed them again

Set up a sandbox email used that in the store, set the ipn etc

Dunno weither the sandbox that's not workin or not

If the sandbox is workin what if the email is causing the prob coz it's not registered etc etc

Does the downloads folder have to be on the same host as the cart?

Every corner i turn there's a 20 foot wall, anyone got a ladder :dizzy:

If you are using a server path, it has to be on the same server. If you are using an http path, I suppose it could be anywhere.

Try using live setup, no sandbox, correct PayPal main email must be used in store, etc. as is clear in tutorial. Do not log in to PayPal, purchase as a non-PayPal registered customer, try your card it might work.

Really no need to double post. Get some sleep. <_< <<< hypocritical statement :P:ninja: :D