USPS Priority Mail - other than FLAT RATE

Guest jbgo1st

Guest jbgo1st

I've been working hard to get my 3.0.8 shop set up. So far I have enjoyed using CubeCart very much. Now that I am getting down to the nitty gritty, I have some questions. I've been searching the forum and the cubecart.org site but I just haven't found this info. Sorry if I have missed it somewhere.

I will only be shipping in the U.S. and plan to use USPS Priority Mail as my shipping method. I don't want to limit myself to the two flat rate choices available in the configuration settings on the admin page. I will likely be using the small video size Priority Mail boxes to ship jewelry. I need to charge shipping based on the total weight of the shipment and the zip code (zone) to which it is shipping. For example, anything NOT over 1 lb. will ship to anywhere in the US for $4.05. If you go over 1 lb. then the shipping cost will be determined by weight and zone to which it is shipping according to the USPS site. Also, I need to add the charge for insurance based on the value of the shipment.

How do I accomplish this? Any ideas will be greatly appeciated.

Thanks,

j. becker

Hi,

I have done a bit of modding to the USPS code to change from the Flat rate Express and Priority Mail boxes to just standard Express and Priority Mail rates, since I 99.9% of the time do not ship with Flat rate. I use either my own packaging or the square USPS boxes.

Right now though I do not have my CC3 store fulling going yet since I still need to work out some other bug in the International USPS shipping code. So my store is still running on CC2 until I get that little loopy bug out of there.

Once I get the USPS Int rate problem fixed then I can send you the celan modified code if you would like.

-Tim

Guest flightoffancy

Hi,

I have done a bit of modding to the USPS code to change from the Flat rate Express and Priority Mail boxes to just standard Express and Priority Mail rates, since I 99.9% of the time do not ship with Flat rate. I use either my own packaging or the square USPS boxes.

Right now though I do not have my CC3 store fulling going yet since I still need to work out some other bug in the International USPS shipping code. So my store is still running on CC2 until I get that little loopy bug out of there.

Once I get the USPS Int rate problem fixed then I can send you the celan modified code if you would like.

-Tim

I'd love to have a copy of your modified code! The priority flat rate is the only thing hindering my store right now and it would be a huge relief to have it work the way it SHOULD. I'd be willing to PayPal you some $ if you'd like compensation for doing this.

Please pm me or email me at [email protected] .

Thanks!