No Shipping Method for your country

Guest phenonm

Guest phenonm

;) Hi there

i am trialing cubecart version 3.08 and it looks like the goods for what i need it to do. I have really looked through the forums on this one but cant seem to find an answer. I get the no shipping method for your country error when applying shipping charges via weight, however i only get the error if the item i am checking out has a weight entered. If i leave it with a weight of zero it applies the correct shipping charges for zone one and two. If i apply a flat fee shipping rate it works, and if i apply a shipping rate per category it works also so i dont think the issue is with the ISO codes at all because it seems to pick up the correct ISO code when there is no weight.

Any ideas

Phenonm

Guest phenonm

This link refers to ups shipping, all i am trying to do is ship by weight. This is really doing my head in, the software seems so good but this little glitch is a real pain.

Things i have tried to date

I have now downloaded and installed locally the 3.09 version on Cubecart. I installed it as United Kingdom as you dont have the option to initially install it as Australia which is where i am.

I set the cart up, dumped a few products into it

The changes i made were changing the following

in the general setting page i changed the country to Australia

on the taxes page i change the country to australia and change the tax rate to the right rate

on the currencies page i change the currency to australian dollars and disable the rest

on the shipping page i configure by weight as follows

Zone 1 countries - i put AU in this box with is the iso code for australia as per the countries & Zones page

Zone 1 handling fee i leave blank

Zone 1 shipping first class i enter 1:4.00

Zone 2 shipping i leave blank

i disable all other types of shipping

back on the general settings page i change the default currency to austalian dollars, tell it not to include tax in prices and turn off sale mode. i also tell it not to show stock levels

Then once the store is showing Aussie dollars i notice two things

The products i enter seem to have another currency rate applied to them - probably UK dollars. Any item i add as $ 100 dollars ends up being $ 233 aussie dollars on the site which is wierd

When i try to do shipping by weight, if the product has a weight entered against it, i get the no shipping set up for this country error.

I have tried as a test setting everything back to united kindom settings to see if it has something to do with it has to be as the country it was installed as and that doesnt work either

I am using the right iso codes, but i cant seem to get the thing working, every other shipping method works

The file suggested in the link doesnt exist on my system to edit either

What is going wrong here, what have i done, does shipping by weight only work in the US, is there anything i am missing.

Phenonm

late update, i dont know how this worked but when i originally looked in the modules folders under weight or whatver all i saw was an index.php file, after i fiddled with quite a few settings it turned into calc.php - Wierd

I have checked all products have weights

I have trialed it with tax applied or not

i have checked all calc.php files have the shippingvalue=true in the files - they all do

I added AU to the national category and left the module disabled

i have tried alot of little bits and pieces on all the forums but keep getting this cant ship to this country error

I have tried most of the tweaks on verison 3.08 and all the tweaks i can on 3.09

I cant believe that this can be such an issue, there must be something i am missing or does no one ship by weight or give up trying.

I am at a real loss now - tried creating a dummy country - no luck, once you give a product a weight - no go, tried two different versions, no luck, not very happy at the moment, spent a bunch of time trying to make something basic work. I will try one more time, install it as USA, try it before i customise it as australia, if that doenst work, i give up, ill try another package - its all too hard.

Reinstalled it now as US - basically no changes made to it at all, just setup shipping, everything else basically stock and the same error occurs. Very frustrating, i dont see how i could be getting anything wrong on two seperate complete systems on differnet servers and hardware, this is just rediculous. Two different people installed it too independantly surely we both cant be wrong

Guest groovejuice

As far as your currency issue goes, when you enable aussie dollars, it needs to be edited to have a value of 1.

The problems you're having may be the result of a conflict between your originating and destination countries. If you set the store up as US, try to set the shipping by weight for US only. When you do a test order (I suggest a product with weight and a price) ensure you register as a buyer from a legitimate US zip code.

(If that doesn't illuminate matters, read below)

I have ship by weight working great out-of-the-box. The ISO code you're using is correct, try adding a comma after it. (You can always try ISO 3 or the num code also). Don't leave the handling fee blank -instead give it a value of 0.00 . Try switching the lbs/kilos option in general settings. Check that your shipping settings ( 1:4.00 ) do not have an unexpected space.... I use 2 and 3 decimal places for the product weights on the individual product pages. If none of this helps, reupload the shipping folder....

Good luck!

Guest phenonm

Thanks Groove juice

I fixed the currency issue, but no luck with trying to get ship by weight working

I have now tried version 3.08 and 3.07 with the same results

I have installed 3.09 again from a fresh download

If people can get this to work maybe its to do with the versions of software i am running. I have the latest mysql, php and apache running

Installation works fine, everything goes well but no luck

I have had similar issues now with trying to install and test oscommerce and zencart

They all seem to not like new software versions

I am going to go back to older versions of all products on a freshly loaded server and see if i have any luck, does anyone out there have a tip on what versions of mysql, php, and apache that run well, if i could get a list of the files i need to install on a win2003 server that would be great. This looks like a really good program, the forums are very helpful and the people online have been great so i am going to try and stick it through to get this one to work for me

Thanks in advance

Phenonm

I am having the exact problem. I am starting with a fresh install and set up my shipping with Zones. I have different rates for different zones. I had this once before and it worked like a charm. I made a test account for me to try it on and get the following error

Sorry

No shipping method setup for your country. Please contact us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement.

I have even tried to use the ISO3 & Num Code. My shop can be located here http://www.collageemporium.com if any one has found the fix to this it would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

Guest chels

I was getting the same "we can't ship to your country error" when trying to ship by weight. Somehow.. not really sure how.. I got it working correctly.

My test product that I test purchased has a weight of 1 pound. None of my other products have weight entered so the problem doesn't lie there.

Now in the ship by weight admin panel, I have it enabled with the following details:

Zone 1 Countries: "US"

Zone 1 Handling Fee: 0.50

Zone 1 Shipping 1st Class: 1:5.00

Zone 1 Shipping 2nd Class: 1:2.00

I don't know if this matters or not, but I also had to enable UPS and USPS shipping methods before the ship by weight method started working. Once it started working I disabled the UPS and USPS methods.

When I tried test purchasing an item that was 2 pounds, I got the "we can't ship to your country" error again. So you MUST have the specific weight of your product here ( 1:5.00 ) for it to work.

Hi Phenonm

I had the same problem and I think I've solved it by trial and error...

I'm pretty sure the problem is that you don't have the weights and prices set up properly in the Zone Shipping Class Rates:

E.G. you need to have something set up like 1:1.00 and all the way up to the highest possible total weight of your order otherwise it'll fail... so imagine someone might buy 10,000 kg worth of stuff, and give it a price, otherwise it'll fail.

Say:

1:1.00,2:1.50,3:1.75,5:2.00,10:2.50,100:5.00

Thus, if someone orders a cart total of 99kg, they'll pay 5.00 delivery cost... however if someone orders 101kg, they're gonna get the 'no shipping method message. So go up as high as possible.

Hope that sorts out your problem.

:D Hi there

i am trialing cubecart version 3.08 and it looks like the goods for what i need it to do. I have really looked through the forums on this one but cant seem to find an answer. I get the no shipping method for your country error when applying shipping charges via weight, however i only get the error if the item i am checking out has a weight entered. If i leave it with a weight of zero it applies the correct shipping charges for zone one and two. If i apply a flat fee shipping rate it works, and if i apply a shipping rate per category it works also so i dont think the issue is with the ISO codes at all because it seems to pick up the correct ISO code when there is no weight.

Any ideas

Phenonm

Guest phenonm

Hi All ,

thanks for your help. I havent tried all the ideas yet, i will in the next few days and let you know. One thing i have found that worked was the mod Australia Post Shipping Module. It works great and i just want to send thanks to the guy who wrote it !. I still need to get the ship by weight to work but this is a great interim mod that works for us Aussie's !!. I will let you know what the fix was if i find it, now i just need a good credit card mod so that people can pay via credit card and we can process it securely !. I do think the ship by weight needs a bit more work to make it more seamless and idiot proof, im a full time IT guy, know alot, have tried a bunch of stuff and it shouldnt really be this hard for so many people to get it to work. However the product is powerful and impressive and i like it alot !.

Cube cart is awesome, once i have the site up and able to be seen by the outside world if i still havent worked it out ill give you the url groovejuice thanks for the kind offer of help

Phenonm :)

Guest phenonm

:D Hi all

thankyou everyone for your help. I tried what bendonmorris suggested above and eureka it works great. The iso code is AU, the handling fee is 0.00, and then i put in the rates like so

1:4.00,2:5.00,3:6.00,4:7.00,5:8.00,6:9.00,7:10.00,8:11.00,9:12.00,10:13.00,11:14

.00,12:15.00

and it works. I had no idea that you had to put in a series of values for each weight. I thought you just put in the value for 1kg and then it would just calulate it by saying 2kg is double the dollar value of 1kg and so on. I must have missed that somewhere along the line. Anyway i tried a million things to get it to work and it was a simple fix in the end

Thanks again everyone

Guest ezcomput

1:4.00,2:5.00,3:6.00,4:7.00,5:8.00,6:9.00,7:10.00,8:11.00,9:12.00,10:13.00,11:14

.00,12:15.00

putting this is really helped me guys !!

Find the right ISO code first coz this will not make the problem go away {mine was NL for the Netherlands)

Thanks for the help guys !

Hi All ,

thanks for your help. I havent tried all the ideas yet, i will in the next few days and let you know. One thing i have found that worked was the mod Australia Post Shipping Module. It works great and i just want to send thanks to the guy who wrote it !. I still need to get the ship by weight to work but this is a great interim mod that works for us Aussie's !!. I will let you know what the fix was if i find it, now i just need a good credit card mod so that people can pay via credit card and we can process it securely !. I do think the ship by weight needs a bit more work to make it more seamless and idiot proof, im a full time IT guy, know alot, have tried a bunch of stuff and it shouldnt really be this hard for so many people to get it to work. However the product is powerful and impressive and i like it alot !.

Cube cart is awesome, once i have the site up and able to be seen by the outside world if i still havent worked it out ill give you the url groovejuice thanks for the kind offer of help

Phenonm :D

Hi,

Can you please advise how to get this australia post Module so I can install it to my cart?

Cheers

Joe

Guest Brivtech

Interesting, I applied the POA MOD, and I get this:

Sorry

No shipping method setup for your country. Please contact us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement.

Unless I add something like flat-rate shipping, then it works. But I don't want anything but POA!

• 8 months later...

Interesting, I applied the POA MOD, and I get this:

Sorry

Unless I add something like flat-rate shipping, then it works. But I don't want anything but POA!

Exactly the same issue as im having I need to just have the POA mod and nothing else did you find a fix for it ?