Change text on home page

Guest chrisdonne

Guest chrisdonne

Hi all,

Does anyone know if any changes have been made to the editability of the default home page text:-

{{{Congratulations. You have successfully installed CubeCart.

This message can be edited using the Rich HTML Text Editor and you can add vibrant content to help sell your products.

Please remember that there is a license fee to pay to remove or edit our copyright notices. }}}

Last July I installed CCV3.0.0 with the intention of setting it up for a customer, I remember that I successfully changed that text to their own opening greeting, that job was then shelved and I haven't done any more to it until now when it has been resurected again.

I deleted all the old files and installed CCV3.0.8 via Fantastico and then upgraded that to V9. Now I find I cannot change any of this text at all, I can edit it but after clicking on "Update Homepage" the screen goes blank for 2/3 seconds and then reverts to the original message as the one above.

Does anyone have any ideas or am I missing something [which would not surprise me]

Regards,

Chris Donne

Guest DesignsDivision

Hi Chris,

There should have been an error message indicating that you need to CHMOD the home.inc (language/xx/home.inc.php) file permissions to 777. Don't forget to change the file permissions back when you are done editing it.

Be sure to search the forums for answers to other questions you might have; I have seen this answered a few times. These forums are great and thousands of questions have been asked and answered here. That's what makes this forum such an incredible resource for CubeCart owners. Of course, not every single question has been asked that could be, but a whole lot has.

Best of luck to you with CubeCart. You'll love it. :angry:

Had to come back and add this link: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=12352 --- a post for answers to common questions and issues

Guest chrisdonne

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your reply, that has solved my problem, I had forgotten about the need to chmod.

However I did not get any error messages at all, If I had done it would have reminded me.

Thanks also for the link to useful pages, I spent an hour going over the topics before I posted but missed that one.

On another subject do you by any chance know about the licence thing and what you can and cannot do. I note the page title tag says "Whatever you want to say (Powered by Cube Cart)" I am unclear as to whether or not this remains following purchase. It seems odd to me that an important tag like "Title" which is supposed to be only 69 chars has half of it taken up by CC, maybe I am reading that wrongly too.

Perhaps that should have been a new thread, if so I am sorry.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Chris.

Guest walmarc

I note the page title tag says "Whatever you want to say (Powered by Cube Cart)" I am unclear as to whether or not this remains following purchase. It seems odd to me that an important tag like "Title" which is supposed to be only 69 chars has half of it taken up by CC, maybe I am reading that wrongly too.

Hi Chris

I've purchased a Copyright Removal Licence and the only content in the "title" tag is my store name, or store name and product information etc. As far as I know the purchase entitles you to remove all mention of CubeCart from public view, but this happens automatically when you upload the provided files and enter the licence key.

Regards ;)

Guest DesignsDivision

You're welcome. Just glad that I could help someone else. I have received a lot of help from previous posts and moderators here as well.

Looks like you already got your answer about the copyright info. It is automatically removed when a license is purchased. There are a lot of topics covered in the link I gave in the first post. This is in there too. ;)

Guest chrisdonne

Hi Christina and Chris (A lot of Chris's around here!)

Thank you both for your replies, I will get on with the next part of the job now so you may be hearing from me again...

Christina.. I looked where you suggested before posting about the "Powered by CC" and have just read it again, it still seems a bit confusing to me that is why I asked, I wasn't trying to avoid buying a license BTW, just that I have the cart on a temp domain at the moment to get the feel of it, when it is set up in it's final resting place I will buy the licence for sure, I don't think anyone can dispute that Cube Cart is excellent value for money... If it were MS Cart it would probably have been $695 so being British I am compelled to support it. (Well done Brooky)

OK, thank you both again.

Chris

Guest DesignsDivision

Hi Christina and Chris (A lot of Chris's around here!) - Yes there are! ;)

Christina.. I looked where you suggested before posting about the "Powered by CC" and have just read it again, it still seems a bit confusing to me that is why I asked, I wasn't trying to avoid buying a license BTW,

- I didn't think that at all.

I agree, CubeCart is an excellent value for the price and it is really so much easier to use and modify than other carts I've used. It's a job well done indeed.