Adding new tabs in Killer Skin

Guest Digital's by Judi

Guest Digital's by Judi

I'm using the Killer skin and I would like to add two new tabs at the top. One to say "forum" and the other "gallery". I also need to link these to when they are clicked on, the forum or gallery load up into my cubecart store. I want it to look like they are still in my store...can someone help me?

Thanks!

Sure, open the file skins/Killer/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl

It should look like this:

<!-- BEGIN: categories -->

<div class="topCats">

<div class="topCatsBgRight">

<span class="topCatsBgLeft"> </span>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" align="center" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="topCatsTabLeft"> </td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php" class="txtCat">{LANG_HOME}</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabRight"> </td>

<!-- BEGIN: li -->

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&catId={DATA.cat_id}" class="txtCat">{DATA.cat_name}</a></td>

<!-- END: li -->

<!-- BEGIN: sale -->

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&catId=saleItems" class="txtCat">{LANG_SALE_ITEMS}</a></td>

<!-- END: sale -->

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

<!-- END: categories -->

Now, you need to add the code I've colorized below, putting your own correct URL info in the green areas:

<div class="topCats">

<tr>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php" class="txtCat">{LANG_HOME}</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&catId={DATA.cat_id}" class="txtCat">{DATA.cat_name}</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&catId=saleItems" class="txtCat">{LANG_SALE_ITEMS}</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="your_url_info_here" class="txtCat">Forum</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="your_url_info_here" class="txtCat">Gallery</a></td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

Guest Digital's by Judi

Uh-Oh! How come I'm getting an error message?

Never mind...found the problem.....thanks Markscarts for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ilsesthings

Hi!

I've been trying to search the forum for how to change the category tabs' [as well as product options' in the drop-down) order... I just keep getting Sorry No Results... Does anyone have an existing post I somehow couldn't find via my numerous searches or the solutions?? Thanks in advance!

;)

ilse (www.ilsesthings.com)

How to change the order? In the present version of CubeCartâ„¢ there is no "user friendly" way to do this. You can manipulate the order of categories (hence the tabs) by adding sort criteria at the end of this statement from the code in includes/boxes/categories.inc.php (this is from v. 3.0.10, around line 36):

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0");

There is a user-friendly mod developed for this that allows you to set any order you wish for categories and product lists, and even allows your visitors to change the sort order to suit them. You can find it at http://cubecart.org

Search for Product Sort Order

Guest ilsesthings

Snipped great info!

There is a user-friendly mod developed for this that allows you to set any order you wish for categories and product lists, and even allows your visitors to change the sort order to suit them. You can find it at http://cubecart.org

Search for Product Sort Order

Thanks sooo much, Mark! Off to learn some more!

Thanks again, ;)

ilse

• 5 weeks later...
Guest plato

<div class="topCats">

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

Now, you need to add the code I've colorized below, putting your own correct URL info in the green areas:

<div class="topCats">

<tr>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="your_url_info_here" class="txtCat">Forum</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="your_url_info_here" class="txtCat">Gallery</a></td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

This is close to what I am looking for also, except I want the tab to link to a 'site document' which I can edit. I'm sure it's only the link I'm not sure of. Can you advise?

What is not very helpful? The code I posted above? :w00t:

You folk have lost me ;)

Anyway, the answer to the question is that linking to a site doc is easy. If you need the url for the site doc, just rollover a site doc link with your cursor, and look at the address displayed in the info bar of your browser. That is just one of the ways to find it.

The link will look something like this:

<a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=6" class="txtCat">name to display for doc title</a>

Change the site doc id number for the correct one you wish to display.

• 1 year later...
Guest comptime

Okay I put this in and it turned my link blue (which changes to purple when its clicked on) how do I make this white like the rest.

I also have another question while I'm on the topic of using the killer skin. When people click add to basket, I want them to be taken to their basket and then they need to have the option to click continue shopping. I need a visible button of some sort. I'd also like to be able to change the button that says continue to checkout.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

btw markscarts, you were missing the &nbsp;

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I have created a new button, but cant get the button to redirect to the right page..

Now it redirect to the shop homepage.

I want it to redirect to www.ulrikasmycken.se

Can anyone help a newbie? :sourcerer:

• 2 months later...

<div class="topCats">

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

<div class="topCats">

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

I just want to ask what program you are going to use to open the file skins/Killer/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl I tried to open many time the styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl but I can not open the tpl. The photo explosion will pop up. Please let me know how to open, if you have information. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Guest markus40

<div class="topCats">

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

<div class="topCats">

<tr>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

I just want to ask what program you are going to use to open the file skins/Killer/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl I tried to open many time the styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl but I can not open the tpl. The photo explosion will pop up. Please let me know how to open, if you have information. Thanks.

I too am using the Killer skin and i want to be able to change the name of one of the tabs at the top of my screen, it would be appreciated if someone could tell me how to change the Homepage tab to About Us, when someone comes to our site they will obviously go to the index page, but then there is an About Us section which is also shown down the bottom of the page as a link, but i want to move that to the top replacing the Homepage tab with about us, someone clicking on this will take them to the About Us page, if someone could help me out I would appreciate it very much

Moving the link is going to be a bit tricky. That is, removing it from the list of Doc links at the bottom isn't easy-peasy. But putting another link on a categories tab? Instructions follow:

First, you will need to know the doc_id of the About Us document.

In the file \skins\Killer\styleTemplates\boxes\categories.tpl, find this line:

and make it this:

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&amp;docId=###" class="txtCat">About Us</a></td>

Replace ### with the doc_id for "About Us".

Guest markus40

Moving the link is going to be a bit tricky. That is, removing it from the list of Doc links at the bottom isn't easy-peasy. But putting another link on a categories tab? Instructions follow:

First, you will need to know the doc_id of the About Us document.

In the file \skins\Killer\styleTemplates\boxes\categories.tpl, find this line:

and make it this:

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&amp;docId=###" class="txtCat">About Us</a></td>

Replace ### with the doc_id for "About Us".

Hi Sir

Thanks for your message and what you suggested worked a treat, but I just want to ask you something a bit different regarding the tabs please sir, I would like to move the about us tab from the first location to the end, can you tell me the procedure of how to do that please, once i know how to do it i should be able to do it to the others, your cooperation is and will be greatly appreciated

best regards

Mark

Guest markus40

The three lines that make up the <td> group: topCatsTabLeft, topCatsTabMid, topCatsTabRight with your edited viewDoc line, will move from where they are now to after the <!-- END: sale --> line.

Hi Bsmither

Thanks again sir for your help, but I actually removed the sale items section of that coding as I did not require them, the coding that I have in the categories.tpl file is below:-

<div class="topCats">

<span class="topCatsBgLeft">&nbsp;</span>

<tr>

<td class="topCatsTabLeft">&nbsp;</td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=1" class="txtCat">About Us</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabRight">&nbsp;</td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId={DATA.cat_id}" class="txtCat">{DATA.cat_name}</a></td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>

What I would like to do is where you can see the "About Us" tab, (www.zenardi-motors.com), I want to move that to the end, and so it would be most appreciated if you could perhaps tell me how I can do just that, so the about us tab will be the last tab on the right, your cooperation is and will be greatly appreciated

best regards

Mark

The three lines that make up the <td> group: topCatsTabLeft, topCatsTabMid, topCatsTabRight with your edited viewDoc line, will move from where they are now to after the <!-- END: sale --> line.

Make it look like this:

<div class="topCats">

<span class="topCatsBgLeft">&nbsp;</span>

<tr>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId={DATA.cat_id}" class="txtCat">{DATA.cat_name}</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=1" class="txtCat">About Us</a></td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

</div>