Help

Guest DR PC HEALTH

Guest DR PC HEALTH

My webhost is 1&1 (www.1and1.com).. I followed all the installations steps, but After i fill out the last page i get a message saying:

MySQL Error Occured

2005: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'db413.perfora.net ' (1)

I did speak with 1and1 and they said i can only access the mySQL database through my control panel, with phpmyadmin or through the command prompt. At any case if anyone can tell me how to work around this it would really help..

by the way i tried that editconf.php, but it didn't work either.. got the same error message.

Sincrerely,

Andres

Guest vrakas

Welcome ;)

If you have done the installation through Fantastico it usually does everything for you.

If you did it manually, i assume you did setup the database first and gave the correct settings, names etc.

Check if you also added in front of the database the prefix example_username and example_databasename :w00t:

Guest DR PC HEALTH

Hi,

Can you guys tell me how i can get Fantastica. Let me tell you i spelled the host name correctly. i already verified with my web host. They think that i may need a dedicated server, but that costs like 99 dollars a month!! crazy!

because they say that since it is a shared server it has more restrictions.

Also i know the database name is db169165874, but i don't know what i would put for the prefix..

What provider do u guys use for your SQL??

Welcome ;)

If you have done the installation through Fantastico it usually does everything for you.

If you did it manually, i assume you did setup the database first and gave the correct settings, names etc.

Check if you also added in front of the database the prefix example_username and example_databasename :w00t:

Well, without question, I can tell you that "db413.perfora.net" doesn't exist....at least not on any public name server that's properly connected. Have you tried using "localhost" for the DB server name in CubeCart?

BTW, I see no need for a dedicated server in your circumstance. And only allowing access to your database from within your control panel would be ludicrous.

You shouldn't need a prefix unless you added one when you setup the database on the server.

:w00t:

Guest DR PC HEALTH

GUys i was thinking of changing web hosts.. but i use frontpage extensions and my website takes alot of space.. About 1.5 Gigabytes.. but i also want one that provides a public SQL server.... or let me know if there's an affordable e-commerce tool..

Sincerely,

Andres

Well, without question, I can tell you that "db413.perfora.net" doesn't exist....at least not on any public name server that's properly connected. Have you tried using "localhost" for the DB server name in CubeCart?

BTW, I see no need for a dedicated server in your circumstance. And only allowing access to your database from within your control panel would be ludicrous.

You shouldn't need a prefix unless you added one when you setup the database on the server.

:)

Guest DR PC HEALTH

;)

Guys.. i get 50 gigabytes 1000 e-mail accounts for only 4.99 a month at 1and1.. if you are gonna offer me a web hosting service..Give me somthing comparable.. I need at least 2 gb of spacee, but that I can create a public mySQL server... and it works with cubecarts etc.. Please answer quick.

Andres

PS: Please don't send me somthing double nor like someone 20 times more expensie... thankx

Guest Brivtech

My webhost is 1&1 (www.1and1.com)..

I did speak with 1and1 and they said i can only access the mySQL database through my control panel, with phpmyadmin or through the command prompt. At any case if anyone can tell me how to work around this it would really help..

That's really odd, yes, I agree with accessing through the hosting control panel, but you should also be able to access it through software. Otherwise, what is the point of having a database, if you can't use it on the web?

That's lousy advice, which has probably been scripted. I would get back onto them, tell them what you are using the database for, and ask them where you can get your database connection information from that will work with your application (Database Host Name, Database Username, Database Name, Database Password). Normally, you would set this up somewhere in your hosting control panel, and I'm guessing you've already done this - Also, normally, the database host name is assigned after you set up the database connection details.

As Bill mentioned, you shouldn't need a prefix - All this does is tag an ID onto the database field names, so that if you run several shops (or indeed, other applications) from 1 database, you don't get a crossover of like name database tables (Eg. healthfoodshop_CubeCart_config won't be confused with the same table name of another shop: vitaminsRus_CubeCart_config). Leave it blank if you're not going to use it, but if you enter something, it wouldn't cause any connection problems whatsoever.

Just a note on SQL servers: Normally, hosts will only allow access to the SQL server via a website that you have registered (Or have hosted) with the same host. So, you can't have a SQL database set up with the ABC hosting Company, and try and have a store installed at the XYZ Hosting Company, and use the same database. That's just a protocol no no, done largely for security.