Questions regarding use of item options

Guest hafree

Guest hafree

I am currently setting up a store that will primarily sell t-shirts, and had a few questions regarding options.

First, the options I am using are sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL. Is there a way to have it list these values in this order, rather than sorting them alphabetically? From a customer's perspective, it just seems to make more sense to list the sizes in size order.

Secondly, is it possible to track inventory levels including options? If I have 5 available in each of 6 sizes, I don't have a total of 30 items in stock - I actually have 5 in stock of 6 items. It seems silly to have to list them as separate items, but I didn't see a way to track inventory this way. Am I missing something here?

I had the same situation when I was selling Tshirts and if memory serves me I adjusted the order of options in the database.

As for your stock question, there is a mod by Estelle at cubecart.org stock levels for product options that will serve your needs. It goes well with another mod quick edit product options.

Guest hafree

I had the same situation when I was selling Tshirts and if memory serves me I adjusted the order of options in the database.

As for your stock question, there is a mod by Estelle at cubecart.org stock levels for product options that will serve your needs. It goes well with another mod quick edit product options.

Awesome, thank you very much for your help. I'll definitely look into that mod this evening. Regarding the options ordering, what do you mean when you say you had to adjust their order in the database - did you have to modify SQL query to not use ORDER BY, or was it just a matter of manually editing the database contents to put them into the right order? Thanks again for your help.

I think I ordered them the way I wanted them in the database. The other thing that comes to mond is that CC by default orders things alphabetically. In skins/your skin/styleTemplates/content/viewProd.tpl look at about line 42

<option value="{VAL_ASSIGN_ID}">

You can try changing this to

<option value="{VAL_OPTION_ID}">

Assuming you've entered them in the correct order.

Guest hafree

Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick. However, I took some time to dig into the code, and simply changed the ORDER BY clause to use the value_id or assign_id as its first sort key. Now the options appear sorted in the order they were created or assigned! Thanks again for the help. Here are the details of this mod:

In includes/content/viewProd.inc.php, line 155, I changed the ORDER BY clause from:

ORDER BY option_name, value_name ASC

To:

ORDER BY value_id, option_name, value_name ASC

This will display the options in the order they were created.  Alternatively, I could have changed it to:

ORDER BY assign_id, option_name, value_name ASC

to display the options in the order they were assigned, which would allow the same options to be re-ordered for different items.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest cyrilthemonkey

If anybody is browsing the forum archives and needs a fix for the new version of CC, go onto viewProd.inc.php and find the:

## Build SQL for product options

$query		= sprintf("SELECT B.*, T.option_name, T.option_type, M.value_name FROM %1\$sCubeCart_options_bot AS B LEFT JOIN %1\$sCubeCart_options_mid AS M ON B.value_id = M.value_id, %1\$sCubeCart_options_top AS T WHERE B.option_id = T.option_id AND B.product = %2\$d ORDER BY T.option_name ASC", $glob['dbprefix'], $_GET['productId']);

$options	= $db->select($query);

and replace with:

## Build SQL for product options

$query		= sprintf("SELECT B.*, T.option_name, T.option_type, M.value_name FROM %1\$sCubeCart_options_bot AS B LEFT JOIN %1\$sCubeCart_options_mid AS M ON B.value_id = M.value_id, %1\$sCubeCart_options_top AS T WHERE B.option_id = T.option_id AND B.product = %2\$d ORDER BY M.value_id, T.option_name ASC", $glob['dbprefix'], $_GET['productId']);

$options	= $db->select($query);

You need to add M.value_id instead of the suggested value_id...

I think it works anyway.

• 1 year later...
Guest alphonseha

I tried digging through the forum but I can't find how to sort by price in CC3.

I have tried this but it doesn't work.

$query = "SELECT ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_options_bot.option_id, ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_options_bot.value_id, option_price, option_symbol, value_name, option_name, assign_id FROM `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_options_bot` INNER JOIN `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_options_mid` ON ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_options_mid.value_id = ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_options_bot.value_id INNER JOIN `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_options_top` ON ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_options_bot.option_id = ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_options_top.option_id WHERE product =".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['productId'])." ORDER BY [b]option_price,[/b] option_name, value_name ASC";

The code in bold is what I added.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks