USPS shipping module problems

Guest hafree

I am in the final stages of configuring my CubeCart store before going live, and have been having issues with the USPS shipping module. Flat-rate shipping using Priority mail for US customers seems pretty pointless, as nobody wants to pay $8.10 to ship a 0.5lb item, nor do I want to ship 50lbs of merchandise for $8.10. The 2 mods in this thread fixed that, as well as the problem with it giving the customer too many options regarding package size.

However I am still having this issue with international shipping. The admin interface for this module doesn't provide any options to configure international shipping, so the API simply provides the customer with as many as 10 different shipping options, some of which aren't even applicable. For example, I want international orders to ship with "USPS Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (Single)", and don't even want to offer options such as "USPS Economy (Surface) Parcel Post", let alone any options that pertain to "letter" or "envelope" rates. I've searched through countless threads looking for a solution, but thus far haven't found a solution. Any recommendations?

I'm still having the same issue

If you figure out a fix - please post?

my guess is -- the class.usps.php & calc.php needs to be edited & add info for the Global priority mail package - however I have no idea what lines of code to change

However I am still having this issue with international shipping. The admin interface for this module doesn't provide any options to configure international shipping, so the API simply provides the customer with as many as 10 different shipping options, some of which aren't even applicable. For example, I want international orders to ship with "USPS Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (Single)", and don't even want to offer options such as "USPS Economy (Surface) Parcel Post", let alone any options that pertain to "letter" or "envelope" rates. I've searched through countless threads looking for a solution, but thus far haven't found a solution. Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having the same issue

If you figure out a fix - please post?

my guess is -- the class.usps.php & calc.php needs to be edited & add info for the Global priority mail package - however I have no idea what lines of code to change

i need a fix /work-a-round for the global priority shipping as well, dont want my customers to be confused and only want one option available for them to select the "global priority variable weight option "