Catagory order

Guest janpugs

Guest janpugs

Is there a way for me to resort the catagory order? I just added another Catagory and it is at the bottom, I would like it to be the second one listed . how do I do that without deleting all the catagories and and starting over.

If you need them Alphabeticaly then:

Go to includes/boxes/categories.inc.php

Change the line:

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0");

to

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0 ORDER BY cat_name ASC");

If not then do as peppy suggested :)

• 10 months later...
Guest thomasvr

Change the line:

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0");

to

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0 ORDER BY cat_name ASC");

BEAUTIFUL. Thank you! :innocent:

Guest That Graphics Guy

Change the line:

to

If not then do as peppy suggested :(

BEAUTIFUL. Thank you! */*

Indeed.. I was looking for this too. Thanks :D

~ Dave

• 1 month later...
Guest Tammy Hargreaves

Change the line:

to

If not then do as peppy suggested :sourcerer:

Hi,

Im looking to do this aswell, but i dont know how to get to

Im new to all this

Thanks Alot Tam

www.replicabagsuk.com

You can also do this;

Make category images and name than in a specific order, like "1-category.gif, 2-category.gif,....."

Then add the specific image to each category.

Now open the categories.inc.php file, look for

And replace with;

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0 ORDER BY cat_image ASC");

So, basically your ordering your categories by renaming your unique category image files. Sounds crazy, but it work on our www.thetreasurebasket.com site perfectly.

:sourcerer:

• 5 months later...
Guest Klutzys

Change the line:

to

I did this and it is NOT working, see below. I don't see any errors. Please advise!!

Tammy

}

// query database

$results = $db->select("SELECT cat_name, cat_id FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_father_id = 0 order by cat_name ASC");