New install can't get to Step 5

Guest vancod

Hi All -

I'm attempting to install a fresh server and am experiencing some odd behavior.

Both servers I'm discussing below are shared servers hosted by ZIPA

On server one I have shell access - I FTP'd the zip file and unpacked it. Unpacked & applied the patch. Configured the store via the Install interface and I'm off and running. No issues.

On server 2 I have no shell access, so I unpacked and patched the directory on my Windoze box then FTP'd it up.

On server 2 the install loops at step 4 - I alter the perms on includes/global.inc.php and it just comes back with the same screen (with perms changed) telling my to "Try Again".

I've tried both FireFox and IE

I've tried restoring the pre-patch version files to the tree.

I saw this thread and wonder if it's something similar, but in my case the browser apparently does not matter...

I'm baffled - the fact that I was able to install one machine yesterday and the exact same files won't install on another today is just crazy.

Is there some env. variable that needs to be set? AFAIL both servers have exactly the same profile.

TIA

Don

Deleted and uploaded everything fresh. Perms are as expected (the fact that the GUI confirms this yet does not advance is a bug in and of itself)

Still broken. About to bail and go to Zen Cart... no one here seems to know why it's failing.... and I need to get a store on-line today.

Zen and OS actually seem pretty poor compared to CC. There was no solution for my installation, you will find once you gain some basic knowledge that its down to trial and error. Least, it is for me lol

Guest Mark tower

im getting the same issue, the inclides/global.inc.php file

Im using .asp 2.0, and shouldnt have to set file permissons, but I did anyway.

Still get the error it cant write to the config file.

Someone help.

TOTAL moron error on my part - ;)

My FILES lived in ~/store/upload but I was pointing the INSTALL options to ~/store. Amazing what you can come up with once you read the screen and the READ ME notes.

Thanks all. I'll try not to be such a noob on the next question.....

We started loading the site last night, I'm even looking at my first mods (putting tabs on 2 rows)

Should be a blast - I know less aboot PHP than I do about reading instructions :)

w00t!:

http://streetlethalperformance.biz/store/

Don

Guest Mark tower

TOTAL moron error on my part - ;)

My FILES lived in ~/store/upload but I was pointing the INSTALL options to ~/store. Amazing what you can come up with once you read the screen and the READ ME notes.

Thanks all. I'll try not to be such a noob on the next question.....

We started loading the site last night, I'm even looking at my first mods (putting tabs on 2 rows)

Should be a blast - I know less aboot PHP than I do about reading instructions :)

w00t!:

http://streetlethalperformance.biz/store/

Don

So how did you get it to write to the config file?

So how did you get it to write to the config file?
Simple - I followed the instructions! I unpacked the zip file and MOVED all of the files in the /upload folder to the ROOT of my store BEFORE evoking the installation script.

The reason it worked on my first server install is because I just "kept hitting enter" - I did NOT try to customize the location of my stores' root.

Good luck -

Don