SEO Directory submissions

Guest garysmith

Guest garysmith

Hi All

In the search to maximise exposure of my store I came across some useful information that I though I would share here.

We all know what a pain it can be finding suitable directories to submit your site to, and then the endless filling in of forms etc makes it a real chore, but we all also know the value of getting listed with as many directories as possible.

I have come across a tool that takes some of the hassle out of the process, it is called the digiXMAS submitter and is available as a free download (I love free stuff!) from: www.digixmas.com all you have to do is register at the site.

Once downloaded you enter in all of the information into the program that you would otherwise repeat at each individual directory site.

Once logged in a list of almost 400 different directories is accessable and you simply choose a category for each site and fill in the graphical (anti spam) letters/numbers and submit.

There are a few you will not be able to register with, eg if registration is not free, but to date I have submitted to over 300 directories with this tool.

Once you have gone through the list you can then go through them again to submit to another category.

For example, my site The Bargain Watch Shop sells watches (no suprise there!) and on my first run through the directory list I chose Jewelry as my category, I am now in the process of resubmitting to all in the list with Gifts as the category, the end result will be in excess of 600 directory listings for my store!

I hope that this tool will help you as well.

All the best

Gary

Guest Mysiteonline

It is an excellent tool Gary, it takes around an hour and a half to submit to all the directories. Acceptance rates are good as the submissions look as though they are manually submitted because you manually select the category for each directory.

Directory submissions are boring at the best of times but this tool really helps out.

Guest garysmith

Checked my backlinks before using this tool and had 0 on Google and 17 on Altavista.

Just checked again and now I have 8 on google and 79 on altavista. Plus I have 127 submissions still waiting to be reviewed.

Not bad in a week! :sourcerer:

I know of some sites that have been up for over 2 years and don't have that many.

Gary (feeling smug)

Guest Mysiteonline

Keep up the good work, you still want alot more links though!

I've got a site that i submitted using that tool, guess where i am ranking for my 3 targetted keyphrases?

No.1 across the board in Google, MSN & Yahoo.

Guest garysmith

Hi Ash

Thanks for the engouragement!

How long did it take you to get to that position If you don't mind me asking?

I know 2 sites can be wildy different in the time it takes if the work is put in on SEO, but it is always good to hear from people who have 'already been there'.

All the best

Gary

Guest Mysiteonline

Its all about choosing your keywords, seeing what your competitors have done and then bettering them!

Incoming links play a big, big part.

• 11 months later...
Guest zodiac73

I ran the tool and for free it submits to 150 directories, for more than that it looks like you have to pay.

I've tried the free option and nearly all of the 150 directories have taken the link, and google alerts has found some of them already :)

• 3 months later...

Love the idea of this but the download is for PC's only, at least when i tried it.

I did read the user manual and it seemed to ask for a lot of information, and have option to resubmit to directories. How often should you re-submit?

Will any new submission affect current google status or just improve it?

Unfortunately, I am using Macintosh if anyone knows of a similar download for mac users?

But more importantly, I am not quite sure I understand what information exactly it asks for and if I need be cautious of what I enter or if it is mostly just the URL in relation to various categories/products.

I notice they offer packages to submit, I just want to make sure to do it often enough and not over-spend!

Most importantly, it appears I need to know code to enter specific categories, can anyone provide an example? It says "for experienced users only". I did try on my brothers PC to do all with no success, no relevant listings. I want to make sure I do it correctly and don't have too many keywords, bad category selections etc.

Sorry new to this but love the support and cubecart!

Guest ITechWest

I use Web Position, it is not free...

But I will tell you on resubmission, that is automatic. You set it up once then you let it resubmit how ever often you want (recommended once a month)

But in then period, it spreads your submissions out so that you are not overdoing it and get blocked.

Kind of the same thing where it makes it look like you are doing it manually.

Look for the banner at the top of the forums, there is a free trial as well.

I use Web Position, it is not free...

But I will tell you on resubmission, that is automatic. You set it up once then you let it resubmit how ever often you want (recommended once a month)

But in then period, it spreads your submissions out so that you are not overdoing it and get blocked.

Kind of the same thing where it makes it look like you are doing it manually.

Look for the banner at the top of the forums, there is a free trial as well.

Do I need to know code however for entering categories? As I mentioned the other program specified "for experienced users only" and I am unfortunately far from experienced. I did get PC access to use digixmas but then was stuck on entering categories. So has Web Position but as successful for you as other say digixmas was for them above? Many seem thrilled! THANKS!

Guest ITechWest

I have just started using it again now...

In the past, when I was using it, after the first month I started seeing results. Within another month I was coming up in the top 20 in web hosting (that is amazing).

I am using the seo function in v4, but I have noticed it does not automatically add all of the urls. So I got the site map mod from cubecartforums.org and go to my text site map output and copy and past the page into the url list.

Then its a few clicks of next and good to go. After that all you have to do is update your url list when you add products, cats, etc.

There is a free trial available... try it out. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I have been using the program since WebPosition 1.0 of and on.

The report function is great too as it will tell you where you are now and you can watch the progress over time.

If you only have one store, get the standard version unless you want the extra engines and reports.

If you have several stores or you have clients with stores, you can make some good money using the software selling the service. It will email reports that you can brand to your clients. The Professional Edition does this.

Wow, that sounds great. Would you say your suggestions are more effective then directory submissions via digixmas, is it overkill to do both?

I started submitting on digixmas but many errors saying "this field must contain max 500 char, this field max 50" but others were ok. So far just submitted to 30 directories via 1 category, get's tiring but if effective worth it.

I will check out the site map mod, are you able to provide the link for this? Do you feel the RSS feed mods are affective as well? I want to be careful not to do "too much" as some keyword phrases are ranking having done nothing but good titles, or so I am told!

I do think the SEO mod helps as well.

I have v3. Any more tools will help!

Thanks!

Guest ITechWest

Wow...

I wanted to show you some results. Keep in mind I am running some CPC adds on Google and submitting my site map, but I have only used Web Position Standard edition for other search engines.

It has been a little over a week since I started submitting and look at the result of a Popular Laptop when searching through Yahoo...

If you seach for the Acer Aspire 7520-5115 I am in the top 20. I know that I need to move to the top 5, but the fact that I am already in the Top 20 is amazing after only a week or so.

• 5 weeks later...