Problems when Upgraded to 3.0.13 with USPS

Guest BearyCountry

Guest BearyCountry

My host upgraded my version of CubeCart today. Now when you go into checkout, it won't go to step 3. It goes to step 4 and says "Failed to add package". When I go to admin in CubeCart, it won't let me change the shipping. When I click to edit shipping it gives me this message: "Security Warning

Parsed array keys can not contain illegal characters! Script execution has been halted.

It may be possible to fix this error by deleting your browsers cookies and refresh this page." If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I am to the point of pulling my hair out on the problems I have had with this.

My host upgraded my version of CubeCart today. Now when you go into checkout, it won't go to step 3. It goes to step 4 and says "Failed to add package". When I go to admin in CubeCart, it won't let me change the shipping. When I click to edit shipping it gives me this message: "Security Warning

Parsed array keys can not contain illegal characters! Script execution has been halted.

It may be possible to fix this error by deleting your browsers cookies and refresh this page." If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I am to the point of pulling my hair out on the problems I have had with this.

I am in the same boat. cleared my cookies deleted history and nothing :/ Same thing.

Shane

Guest shawnette

I'm having the same problem, only mine is a fresh install. When I try to do the server test to install the USPS shipping module I get the exact same error message.

I'm having the same problem, only mine is a fresh install. When I try to do the server test to install the USPS shipping module I get the exact same error message.

Mine was a fresh install as well. Thats all i am wating on to open my store :)

Hi peeps. This is because the array keys contain characters which are now illegal due to security checks.

I've amended the module and attached it to this post. Please can you upload it and give it a try. If I get positive feed back I'll release it and pin it in the Shipping Modules forum.

Being based in the UK USPS won't give me an account to test this with.

USPS_2.0_RC.zip

Guest BearyCountry

Ok I was too quick with a reply. Didn't check to make sure it really worked a test run. After trying to make a purchase, it gives me the "Failed to add package." error. Do you have any suggestions? :)

Guest RadioFreq

Thank you for answering my post in the Shipping and Postage section and directing me here. I also have installed the new module and it is working to some extent. I do not get the error any more, but when I go to check out there is shipping section with small drop down box with no shipping information in it. Not sure if it is the same problem, let me know if there is more info you need me to get to you. Thanks!

Patrick

Ok its 6pm and today has been hell. I will look at this tomorrow morning and release a working version.

Guest espresso

Sorry it was later than planned... this should do the trick.

Unfortuantely no, the problem with being able to make any changes within the admin panel appear fixed but when a customer attempts to make a purchase it reports "Failed to add package" still.

Guest BearyCountry

This still doesn't work for me. Why does it work for some people but not all? Am I doing something wrong? I tried fixing this 3 times but it still gives me "Failed to add package" when I turn on the USPS shipping module.

Guest RadioFreq

Sorry it was later than planned... this should do the trick.

Thanks! This release fixes the problem I was having, thank you so much.

Patrick Parks

This still doesn't work for me. Why does it work for some people but not all? Am I doing something wrong? I tried fixing this 3 times but it still gives me "Failed to add package" when I turn on the USPS shipping module.

did you put anything in the password field? if not just type 1 =) then click the test at the bottom and turn it on

Guest espresso

I also get the 'Failed to add package' on all my Cubecarts 3.0.13 with the USPS update from this forum, I really need a solution to this problem ASAP!

Guest RadioFreq

I also get the 'Failed to add package' on all my Cubecarts 3.0.13 with the USPS update from this forum, I really need a solution to this problem ASAP!

Now I am getting the same! LOL it always seems to be the USPS module, I had a ton of problems with USPS using OSCommerce. Hopefully someone will discover the problem soon, I am learning a good bit of PHP researching though haha

Patrick Parks

Guest BearyCountry

Nothing seems to work. I just finally disabled USPS and went with per item and this will come up. I also hope someone figures out what is wrong with USPS because that is the way that I am shipping products. I'm afraid the shipping per item will turn away customers. If anyone finds a solution I will be forever grateful.

Guest espresso

As of latest upgrade to 3.0.14 USPS still does the 'failed to add package' any hopes of having this actually fixed?

Thanks!

Got a temporary FIX, go ahead with either the install from 3.0.14 or the updated USPS_Oct26 mod and then replace the /modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php with the one from 3.0.12 and works just fine, now looking for the problem change.

Guest BearyCountry

This temporary fix doesn't work for me. I don't want the flat rate, but instead I want the variable rate for priority shipping. When I went in to make it variable rate I got the security message again. So I changed the coding back to the latest upgrade. I'll just wait for someone to come out with another fix hopefully soon. Thanks.