Problems creating links in Sitedocs and Homepage

Guest ElectricStudio.co.uk

Hi

I have a major problem adding links in the site documents or the home page. When i add the link below, either in "Source" mode or in FCKEditor

<a href="mailto:[email protected]" class="txtDefault">[email protected]</a>

It is generated onto the page as below:

<a class="\"txtDefault\"" href="%5C%22mailto:[email protected]%5C%22">[email protected]</a>

In the database (in the field "doc_content") it's stored like this:

<a class=\"txtDefault\" href=\"[email protected]\">[email protected]</a>

It's a major problem for us as our customer wants to be able to add and edit site documents with links in.

I'm using CubeCart 3.0.13 with the following modules:

Hide/show/order sited documents

Category description

Related products

Quick Checkout

Advanced Image Manager

Product Images with JavaScript Preview

Advanced Cat Expand Link

Category Order Mod

The site runs smooth as silk in every other way, but this is making me pull me hair out. I have search both this and the cubecart.org forum. I have tried installing Estelles free mod to remove the FCKEditor, but it doesn't help, I have tried adding the link, then right clicking on it and editing it, but no result.

The only way I can make it right is by editing the actual mySql database entry, but this is obviously out of the question for the final user of the site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Anyone experienced the same "bug"?

I'd be very greatfull for any help.

Guest groovejuice

I try to use the fck editor as seldom as possible. There is a free contact me mod at cubecart.org which is php driven. You should try never to use the HTML "mailto" as it is easily read by spam harvesters.

I try to use the fck editor as seldom as possible. There is a free contact me mod at cubecart.org which is php driven. You should try never to use the HTML "mailto" as it is easily read by spam harvesters.

Thank you for your reply. This link was just an example. We were going to use the sitedocs to build a recipe inventory and thus needed the adding link function. This should work shouldn't it?

Do you have any other suggestions? I suspect that this might have to do with the way CubeCart writes the information to the mySql database. Is there a way of altering this?

Guest groovejuice

Perhaps you could create your own HTML files and use them rather than CC created docs. I don't recall ever having problems adding links to sitedocs but fck editor can be finicky.

Perhaps you could create your own HTML files and use them rather than CC created docs. I don't recall ever having problems adding links to sitedocs but fck editor can be finicky.

Well, that's not where the problem lies is it? I'd rather fix this issue and get on with it without any dirty fixes. I had no problems with this in 3.0.12, they only occurred once upgraded to 3.0.13.

FIXED!!!!

I found in the changelog from 3.0.12 to 3.0.13 that a line had been added to the includes/ini.ini.php

the line was:

$val = (!get_magic_quotes_gpc ()) ? addslashes ($val) : $val;

And had to be commented out if magic quotes was off on my server.

Finally...

What's the security implication of comment out above line, does anyone know? The line is probably added for security. So, a real solution is to magic quote in user session, but not magic quote in admin session or selected parts of admin session such as Site Documents? Sounds complicated.

Guest bitemesystems

Well, that's not where the problem lies is it? I'd rather fix this issue and get on with it without any dirty fixes. I had no problems with this in 3.0.12, they only occurred once upgraded to 3.0.13.

FIXED!!!!

I found in the changelog from 3.0.12 to 3.0.13 that a line had been added to the includes/ini.ini.php

the line was:

$val = (!get_magic_quotes_gpc ()) ? addslashes ($val) : $val;

And had to be commented out if magic quotes was off on my server.

Finally...

Thanks man!!! I was having linking problems for days and your suggestion fixed it. Thanks again!!!

P.S. This also fixed an issue where I could not place a JPEG in the "Homepage" information of my site. Before I commented out the line described above, I would just get errored image placeholders where I wanted my JPEG or it would just ignore my image altogether. Thanks!!!