Paypal Pro/API issues

OK..like many many others apparently Im trying to get Paypal API / Pro to work, but having some issues.

Im setting this up for another person...using 3.0.11 CC

Running the PP Direct pay and express, enabled and live...with test items...

SSL and dedicated IP are both up and running....and at least "appear" to be configured properly.

Ive also DL/UL'd the new Paypal API patch files mentioned in this thread :

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....=22698&st=0

But there seems to be no change either way.

What happens is that when an order payment of EXPRESS (from paypal account) is selected...the order progresses as expected, showing the "seamless" paypal login page for the order. And ultimately....this (express) payment results in a successful payment, both to the customer and the CC orders.

BUT.....there seems to be some misleading info within these screens. The page text says "click to REVIEW your payment and athe payment will not be processed......however, once the "review payment" button is clicked....the order goes through with no further approval...just like the button said "SUBMIT payment".

AND....after clicking the "review payment"...it redirects back to CC (order success) but first the alert prompt box appears "redirecting to a page that is not secure"...but, upon clicking "yes"...the order success page thats displayed has a https url ...???

The "Direct payment" however, results in an "order failed" message to the customer, but in fact DOES complete the transaction, as far as the order shows up in the CC orders list. But when checking the credit card used...THERE IS NO PAYMENT MADE. So it appears to the shop admin that the order has been placed and thus "paid"..when in reality...it is not paid for at all.

Also....I added "comments" related to my tests with these orders, which do not show up when the order details are viewed via adminCP.

Ive also noticed some other http / https situations where Im not at all sure they should be shown...like after a successful login....the alert prompt appears again, but this time its sorta true, because it goes back to the homepage via "http" url...FROM the login screen which is "https" url. But I dont believe it should be doing that...should it??

SO.....man....I am just frustrated as I can be now. Im starting to feel bad that I recommended CubeCart to this friend of mine. I use IPN paypal for my sites, so, I never had a clue that the API would be sooooooo troublesome!!!

Anyway....anyone out there have any suggestions to get this straightened out...asap...pretty please....with sugar on top!!! :)

LOL.....but seriously....I would appreciate any help!!! :)

Guest kaskudoo

as far as the security goes .... make sure that everything is loaded from a secure location - all pictures too! i think firefox could tell you what objects are not secure and which ones are ...

this might help you with the scenario that you are experiencing, i am not sure - i started using cc with one version behind your friends' ..... maybe you should have him upgrade, since the latest updates have improved especially the paypal api by a lot

Thanks for the reply kaskadoo!

Well, I just completed a FRESH install of CC 3.0.14 , plus , uploaded the PP SDK patch as in the link in my first post....added a test product, configured the Direct pay and express PP modules with same info as the original store....and when through the purchase....still.....pretty much the same results.

Only with Firefox...the secure alerts dont pop up...might with IE still though (havent tried it) so looks like nothing has had any affect...even with the fresh install of the latest CC version.

As in the post above :

I still get the "REVIEW" order instead of submit when using Express.....order completes successfully though both with CC and PP......shows as "processing" in adminCP orders, and my comment comes through with it. So, paypal payments "work"...but that "review order" instead of "submit order" has got to go...whether its PP or CC related.

Trying DirectPay still results in "order failed" to customer, but the order shows as pending in adminCP order, with my "comment" omitted as well.

Im at my wits end...

Have a look at this post and see if it's any help http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=22698

Thanks Decker :)

but unfortunately....thats the same link as in my first post.

Ive been over it what seems like a bajillion times, not that I may not have missed something...who knows at this point! LOL

Well, since my last post...Ive managed to get successful DirectPayment trans actions...on both version levels.

Found a mod to add more descriptive and specific error messages in the downloads section of the .org site called "paypal lack of errors" and through that....I found out my CC info was off...had "07" instead of "2007" entered for expiration date..doh!..pilot error there :)

However, that mod doesnt appear to be compatible with the 3.0.14 version level, so, I mod'd the 3.0.11 store...and it sure helps to see a better description what the error is!!

And the older version still is "buggy" due to if an order fails...the "try again" will result in an error about duplicate "invoice numbers" until the user empties the cart, and/or logs out, and puts the item back in, and completes another transaction.

On BOTH version levels....the Express payment....its working the same as above, accepts payment but the "review payment" that in effect SHOULD read "submit" ......thats not good. :)

So Im still undecided as is the site owner....as to whether this is gonna work as is or if it would be better to enable IPN instead and just live with the "non-seamless" off site payment flow until this API issue can be rectified. And after all the time/expense of the SSL/Dedicated IP/PPpro combo, for it not to work..correctly....very disappointing to say the least. ;)

Hey Decker....not a problem at all!! :rolleyes:

It appears my biggest issue at this time remains the "review" payment problem.

With PPpro/api....is that screen generated by PAYPAL or some file within the CUBECART structure???

The site owner says he never created any "custom" pages during the PPpro sign up, which leads me to think the "review versus submit" problem could possibly be a file I could edit, like a tpl or something...BUT thats just conjecture and for all I know it could be located/controlled on either CC or PP sides.

But if I could find out where that could be changed...it would be awesome!!!

BTW....Ive attached a screen shot of the "review" screen that actually results in "submit"...ignore the "security alert" prompt...that only happens with IE....FF is smooth and free of alerts.