Keeping Paypal from auto marking orders as processed

I'm using the Paypal standard module (3.0.14) and need to change it so that it doesn't mark orders as "processed" after the payment is made. I've missed seeing orders this way and want them to stay as "pending" until I manually change them after I check them.

Can someone give me an idea on where to do this?

Okay I found this. For anyone else that wants to do the same...

The file to change is includes/orderSuccess.inc.php

About line 44 is:

// update order status to payment received

$data['status'] = 2;

I just changed it to:

// update order status to payment received

$data['status'] = 1;

This keeps the order as "Pending" (or whatever you've designated as status=1 in your language file) until I set it manually to "Processed".

Thanks vrakas :) It's definitely easier when you get a lot of orders like I do. I missed seeing 3 orders this month that I got thru Paypal :) Discovered it when I went to ship some orders out and suddenly saw the 3 orders I had never seen before. Just too easy to get them "lost" when you have an active store and active paypal account.

• 5 months later...
Guest dudestore

Is this still useful for v3.0.15? I did the same thing and noticed customers were able to download even though the order status set to "PENDING". I changed 1 back to 2 as it were before.