The Mystery of Linkpoint and Country Codes

Guest shereen

Guest shereen

hi, all, i hope this post will be helpful to at least some of you.

when i was setting up my cubecart site this past spring, i, too, was having an issue w/the "Invalid country information" error message on the linkpoint payment page.

i used the code that steve wrote (see posts by "squarewheels" and contact him directly if you want his code). actually, his code helped me more w/the u.s. state codes but it also included code to properly retrieve the 2-letter country codes.

anyway, i thought all was fixed, but then i received an e-mail the other day from an international customer informing me of the "invalid country information" error message. at first, i thought it just affected her country, but i soon realized it was affecting all international countries used in the invoice address.

after much thinking and searching and researching, i remembered something that is written in the linkpoint literature about different payment modes and the information required to be transferred for each mode ( https://www.linkpointcentral.com/lpc/docs/H...elp/lpbasic.htm ).

initially, i had the "payonly" mode in the linkpoint transfer.inc.php file; but when i changed it to the "payplus" mode, everything worked just fine and i did not get that pesky "invalid country information" error message. the country code information seems to be transferring PERFECTLY in this mode, so there doesn't seem to be an issue with the country codes (at least not after using steve's code).

actually, the country code transfer works just fine with the "payonly" mode as well, but i had to delete almost all of the hidden values. i left only the hidden values that linkpoint says is needed for the "payonly" mode (which are: mode; chargetotal; and store number).

for some reason, the order keeps 'failing' for me in "payonly" mode, so i decided to just stick with the "payplus" mode of payment for linkpoint.

i sure hope this info helps other people--it sure was frustrating trying to figure it out.

[NOTE: when i changed to the "payplus" mode of payment, i do get another error message now on the linkpoint payment page which says "cannot have space in front of name", and i don't know how to fix that one, but at this point i'm less concerned about that than the country information error. basically, a space somehow gets inserted in front of the customer's first name, and all the customer has to do is delete that extra space in front of their name in the "name" field.]

--s--

http://www.splashgearusa.com