Restrict orders to delivery zone catchment area?

Guest sheik

Guest sheik

I have to quote a client for an e-commerce system that will only allow orders from customers located within the company's local delivery area. The reason is that it is a food delivery company.

I will probably be using the Royal Mail's UK PAF/PostZon web service to determine a yes/no answer to whether to accept the order.

This will be my first CubeCart project though, so some feedback on how difficult this would be to integrate would be appreciated. Ideally, I would code it as a module.

I will probably also add a prominent link in the template asking customers to check their postcode before ordering, as I think that would be annoyng for a customer to go through the motions of making an order only to be told they are ineligible towards the end. I could do that via a popup once they click though, so it could be separate to CubeCart.

Many thanks,

/\dam

• 2 weeks later...

Guest sheik

Does nobody have an opinion on this? I'm not asking for PostZon support, I'm purely interested in suggestions of how to implement an interface that stops people from using CubeCart based on an input form.

Thanks,

/\dam