Brand new (and different) design, would love some feedback.

Guest itrends

Guest itrends

Ok. The shop is live and there is still work to be done on some interface tweaks and category restructuring but I would love to get some feedback so far on the design:

http://www.duvetland.com/

Looking forward to your thoughts. This took me a couple of hours to get together :)

Guest rohloff

I can't believe it. more than 10 people have looked and not one of you left a comment. Or even a thumbs up or down??? :)

Sniff

it looks really good mate, love the colour scheme, very clean...the only thing i believe that spoils it is that big paypal box on the left, personally id redesign it or make it smaller and also them latest prods. it may look better if the 3 diff. images were the same size

how did you get that blog thing incorporated into your site?

Guest itrends

Thanks for the comments.

What blog thing?

And I plan to switch out the paypal logo soon, just needed something to fill the space.

Additionally, the images were all the same size until I added that test product. :) About to delete it in a min. Plan is that all images will be the same size though :)

Guest rohloff

Thanks for the comments.

What blog thing?

And I plan to switch out the paypal logo soon, just needed something to fill the space.

Additionally, the images were all the same size until I added that test product. :) About to delete it in a min. Plan is that all images will be the same size though :)

www.duvetland.com/blog i wanna have somethin similar on my site eventually

Guest rohloff

Its just wordpress

find it at wordpress.org

very easy to install and many many hundreds of templates to choose from :)

brilliant...will try that later....did you do the design work yourself?

theres no link to the blog from your shop, is that deliberate?

Guest intergemsuk

i like ur design - clean and crisp - especially like the inbuilt video - it gives the site that extra edge and looks cool!

please someone give feedback on my design :)

Is this your own template design? Im sure ive seen something very similar before.

Nice colours and easy on the eyes. The flash video is cool too, loaded very quickly!

i think its great. Clean.

i would personally avoid adding direct email addresses on your site, but thats me. You will more than likely get spam mail than queries, try adding a contact form, i think estelle does one :w00t:

You're site is not that far off from W3C standards you should check out those light errors to get full compatibility */*

Guest itrends

Yeah still got to sort out the W3C stuff. Been working to get it loading in IE and Firefox at the moment, then once I have my last few bits in place I can sort the W3C. */*

Yes it is my own design. I used a colour 'swatch' (the set of colours) from a scheme site and 2 other websites that I have seen over the last year as I liked the feel and wanted to stay away from white.

The direct emails are temporary and I will be pointing them all at the contact page once I have a form in there, but thanks for saying anyway. :w00t:

Really appreciate your comments, and I am glad phoenixology mentioned the quick load time on the video. I was a little worried about that and tried to get it to a format that was quick loading, long (so as not to repeat too much) and still looked sharp :)

Thanks all :)

Any more comments always welcome. :)

David

Guest itrends

Oh, and you may all be interested to know that I am using my mod that generates titles on the fly.

So all the graphic category titles and page titles etc are all automatically created. I have not created any graphics for them */*

So essentially, aside from the product images, everything is done by the site :) I don't have to create any of them :)

Cool huh! :w00t:

Oh, and you may all be interested to know that I am using my mod that generates titles on the fly.

So all the graphic category titles and page titles etc are all automatically created. I have not created any graphics for them */*

So essentially, aside from the product images, everything is done by the site :) I don't have to create any of them :)

Cool huh! :w00t:

yeah that is cool care to share your secrets hehe :)

Guest itrends

I will do soon. Probaby release as an mod or something over on .org.

Anywho, have also added some new mods to the shop including a new shopping cart alert when you add an item to the cart.

For any of you that have been on the site already, be sure to CTRL refresh to get the new style sheet as it styles the box that shows the alert text :dizzy:

Just sorting my SSL certificate now and then the final stage is getting UK paypal pro working on the site for seamless payment :dizzy:

David

Guest sparkdigital

Very nice - good clean design that is simple and makes sense. Personally I would change the link colour in the navigation - I feel there isn't enough contrast between the pink background and white font. Apart from that - well done!

Guest itrends

Very nice - good clean design that is simple and makes sense. Personally I would change the link colour in the navigation - I feel there isn't enough contrast between the pink background and white font. Apart from that - well done!

Thanks, I will try some other link colours... any recommendations?