Common bugs

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

I've made this topic as a quick-guide to fixing any common bugs that are occuring on particular server configurations. I'll continually update it as the bugs and fixes become known. The fixes have been listed roughly in the order they would appear through the installation process, and logical occurance thereafter.

Please use the bug tracker to report bugs - Please look to see if the bug you have already exists before posting a bug report - You can add comments onto an existing bug report if you have any further information to provide to the bug tracker.

Installation bugs:

Pre-installation file update...

There's a mySQL error that occurs later on when you finally log into the admin area. Apparently, it can be fixed, by changing the setup/db/install-main.sql file. Details for downloading this file update are given here:

https://www.cubecart.com/beta/bugs/view.php?id=31

Installation - Pre Step 1 - Parse Error

There's a problem in parsing the strings, due to the php.ini setting for "allow_call_time_pass_reference":

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /home/med4037/public_html/cube/includes/functions.inc.php on line 864

open:

includes/functions.inc.php

On line 864, find:

function buildCatTree($cat_father_id=0, $level=0, &$key=0, &$treeData=array()) {

Replace With:

function buildCatTree($cat_father_id=0, $level=0, $key=0, $treeData=array()) {

Installation Step 2 - Read Only Cache Folder

A cache folder wasn't generated or provided with the source upload. To resolve this, simply add in a cache folder to the shop root directory before continuing with step 2 of installation.

Post Installation - Clicking on admin or store links - Fatal Error

This error occurs:

Fatal error: Corrupted encoded data detected in /home/content/B/r/i/Brivillage24/html/shops/cc4test/admin_enc_zend.php on line 0
open: includes/global.inc.php (It gets generated automatically through the install process - If it's not there, try refreshing the file view!) On line 9, find: http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php and download the correct loader for you - My standard Linux hosting needed the (x86) file set, so I downloaded the .zip set, and uploaded the files from it. Upload the files to your server as an ioncube/ folder, in the shop's root directly. It's also been suggested that a cache folder needs a permission change: change includes/cache/ to 777. 404 for Admin login - Can't access the admin login area Admin login has changed - To login, simply type:

into your web browser, from the shop's root folder - i.e. www.myshop.com/admin.php or www.mysite.com/shop/admin.php

NOTE: Passwords are case sensitive!

Admin login - MySQL error 1146... ' ...CubeCart_ordersum' doesn't exist

If you've received this error, then you haven't updated a the install-main.sql file mentioned at the beginning of this post! You'll have to upload your setup folder again, with this updated file, and go through setup again

Fortunately, if you previously had any of the above errors, they should have now all disapeared, with the exception of the zend/ioncube reconfiguration, that you'll have to repeat after installation.

Store - Viewing products - MySQL error 1044 access denied - Temporary Tables problem

Awaiting a solution on this, more details: https://www.cubecart.com/beta/bugs/view.php?id=41

Any further common problems, let me know, and I'll append the fixes onto here. :P

$glob['encoder'] = 'zend';

Replace with:

$glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube';

- NOTE: a transfer error may occur (caused because of 444 file permissions) - Delete the global.inc.php from the server, before uploading the edited version.

When finished uploading, set the file on the server from 644 to 444.

Site error - No Ioncube loader

You're getting this message because you haven't uploaded the correct ioncube files. Go to 
admin.php

With Ioncube loaders, you can create a directory anywhere in your HTML folder, as long as it's at least as high as the files needing them.

For instance, if you have ioncube-encoded files in the root directory (ie - /home/xxxxx/public_html/), the ioncube folder can also sit in the root folder (/home/xxxxx/public_html/ioncube/). If the encoded files are in a subfolder, the ioncube folder can be in the root folder OR the subfolder.

I used to use a few scripts that required ioncube loaders, so this is coming from experience.

Hope it helps.