Cc4 - Category Ids For Bulk Product Importing

Guest Giant

The bulk product import feature is great and I have successfully imported large product folios. However currently I need to preview the actual store, and click on each category to find out the "category ID" in the title bar of the browser.

Not very elegant, especially if I need to code up a large product database prior to importing.

Where is a list of categories and associated category IDs so I can prepare the bulk product upload file faster?

Puzzled!

... ... ... Where is a list of categories and associated category IDs so I can prepare the bulk product upload file faster? Puzzled!

I just used Cpanel to get into my hosting and then used MySQL Account Maintenance, and at the bottom of that screen is a phpMyAdmin link. If you click on that you get to the database engine room.

Then click on "databases", select your database, click on cubecart_category in the left pane, and click on "browse" in the top menu and there you are. All your "categories" with "category_IDs" listed. Print the list from there!

Now I can code my master stock CSV file fast prior to uploading to CubeCart4.

It would be more elegant (AND SAFE) to have a button in CC4 to view and print the categories and IDs.

Cheers :o