AdminMenu NEW

As seen in a few previous posts - I to get very frustrated with the javascript menu tree collapsing after each click.

so.. I've created a New Admin Menu Mod using 99% CSS and 1% javacript.

The 1% javascript is for the IE 5+ fix for the hover and active flyout.

This new admin menu is a flyout sub-category menu instead of the annoying tree.

I was trying to get this out tonight - but getting tired so should be available tomorrow sometime. I will place it on my demo site for you to see and test.

1. Can be a horizontal menu as well

2. Can add as many Sub-cats as you want - no limit - just need to know some plain old html.

3. Can easily add graphics to backgrounds to match your site.

Let me know if you are interested.

-TheCommish

Here is a screen shot (http://www.commishawards.com/modstore/images/canavadmin.jpg):

canavadmin.jpg

i like how yours look too.. colors could be changed to match cubecart though..

Saztar - it can. It can be matched to anyone's theme - just need the colors and/or background images of your site and your done.

Here are the features.

1. Can be a horizontal menu as well

2. Can add as many Sub-cats as you want - no limit

3. Can easily add colors / graphics to backgrounds to match your site.

I was orinigally thinking of taking out the javascript like yours, but I didn't like having to scroll the browser down each time I needed a link near the bottom (there are too many links).

My menu fits in a standard 800x600 window - no need to scroll down.

Demo should be up sometime today for you to take a look if you'd like.

-TheCommish

This New Admin Menu Mod is now complete. Feel free to test it out.

You can get to through my mod store:

New Admin Menu Mod - Click HERE!

This is the Basic Version.

The Advanced version will be coming out soon to follow - almost done.

With the advanced version you will have the abililty to change colors on the fly just like on the syle section of CC. Also will have the option to go vertical or horizontal. Plus how to add your own custom graphics.

Enjoy!

-TheCommish

• 4 weeks later...

I liked the look of the admin menu from TheCommish and ordered it, but by the end of the day it hadn't come (it has now - thanks!) and I needed to finish a job. I looked at the saztar one and that would have done fine but wasn't available for self install. I emailed Tony (saztar) and he kindly offered to make it available next day (thank you, I did appreciate that) but still needed the job done quickly, so hacked it myself. What I needed was to get rid of the dreaded tree colapse of the standard menu. Here it is:

cubemenu.jpg

and the code to do it is:

<?php

/*************************************************************************** 

*   File Info: admin/nav.php 

*   Purpose:   Admin Tree Navigation 

*   Updated:   31/07/2003 

*   Developer: Alistar Brookbanks (Devellion Limited) 

*   Copyright: (C)2003 http://www.brooky.com

*	Copyright: (C)2003 http://www.cubecart.com

*   This program is not "free" software and restrictions apply! 

*   Further Info: http://www.cubecart.com/license.php

*   Contact [email protected] if any conditions are not clear. 

*   Licensees holding valid "CubeCart Licence Number" may edit

*   the (powered by CubeCart) from browser title and "Powered by CubeCart"

*   and "(c) Devellion Limited" from the web page footer.

*   This file is provided AS IS with NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING

*   THE WARRANTY OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR

*   PURPOSE. This and all others in the download package can only be

*	redistributed with written permission from Alistair Brookbanks!

*   The "CubeCart License" is available to purchase at

*   http://www.cubecart.com/site/purchase/

*   For pricing please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] 

***************************************************************************/

/*************************************************************************** 

*   Admin Menu Mod v1 by rubdub 

****************************************************************************/

?>

<a href="<?echo$site_url?>" target="_blank"><b><?echo$la_search_home?></b></a><br>

<br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/index.php"?>"><b><?echo$la_admin_home;?></b></a><br>

<br>

<b><?echo$la_nav_products;?></b> <br>	

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/add_product.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_ad;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/inventory.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_edit_del;?></a> <br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/product_options.php";?>"><?echo$la_product_options;?></a><br>

<br>  

<b><?echo$la_categories_title;?></b> <br>	

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/add_category.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_ad;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/categories.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_edit_del;?></a><br>

<br>

<b><?echo$la_customers_title;?></b> <br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/add_customer.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_ad;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/customers.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_edit_del;?></a><br>

<br>

<b><?echo$la_nav_docs;?></b><br>	

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/add_doc.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_ad;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/docs.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_edit_del;?></a><br>

<br>

<b><?echo$la_orders_title;?></b><br>	

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/orders.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_all;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/orders.php?type=1";?>"><?echo$la_nav_pen;?></a><br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/orders.php?type=2";?>"><?echo$la_nav_wait_ship;?></a><br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/orders.php?type=3";?>"><?echo$la_nav_shipped;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/orders.php?type=4";?>"><?echo$la_nav_dec;?></a><br>

<br>

<b><?echo$la_nav_settings;?></b><br>	

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/shipping.php";?>"><?echo$la_shipping_title;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/gateways.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_gateways;?></a><br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/edit_settings.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_gen;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/style.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_style;?></a><br>

<br>

<b><?echo$la_nav_security;?></b><br>	

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/ip.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_ip;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/password.php";?>"><?echo$la_nav_pass;?></a><br>

<br>

<b><?echo$la_help_sup;?></b><br>	

<a href="http://cubecart.com/site/faq/" target="_blank"><?echo$la_faqs;?></a> &nbsp;

<a href="http://forums.cubecart.com/" target="_blank"><?echo$la_store_com;?></a><br>

<br>	

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/statistics.php";?>"><b><?echo$la_stats_title;?></b></a><br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/backup.php";?>"><b><?echo$la_nav_backup;?></b></a><br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/email.php";?>"><b><?echo$la_email_title;?></b></a><br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/server_environment.php";?>" target="_blank"><b><?echo$la_nav_env;?></b></a><br>

<a href="<?echo"$site_url/admin/license.php";?>"><b><?echo$la_nav_license;?></b></a><br>

<?if (!session_is_registered("admin")) echo"<a href='$site_url/admin/login.php'><b>$la_account_login</b></a>"?>

<?if (session_is_registered("admin")) echo"<a href='$site_url/admin/logout.php'><b>$la_logout</b></a>"?>

If this is of use to anyone else - enjoy!

Moderators - please move if this is not the right place. Go easy on me I'm new here!

Rob

Well, now I've got arround to installing thecommish menu and must say this is such an easy install and it works well. Interestingly it takes up about the same screen space as mine (above), so I'll continue my quest for the perfect admin menu and report back later.

Rob

Nice work Rob :w00t:

Feel free to add it to the downloads section :lol: (http://cubecart.com/site/downloads and click on 'Add A File' on the left)

OK Rob

I've added it to downloads, thanks.

TheCommish - I'll butt out of your shameless promotion now :-) and will recommend your mod to anyone who wants a really slick looking admin menu, and cheap too at only $5.

Rob