Viewing in 800x600 still relevant?

What screen resolution do people use?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

....when viewing in 800x600 u have to scroll left and right and i personally dont like that.

I've been reading all over the forum 'when I view in 800x600......'; I always do so and try hard to keep it within these parameters, but really........ are there still a lot of people browsing on these settings? Can anybody with a lot of trafic on their site tell me what the results are (I'm sure you are using some sort of stats script)?

the 800x600'ers should really by now have learned to live with it. up until I saw this I had thought 800x600 was the lowest common denominator, but when I thought about it, I think the time has come...

There are still loads out there but we shouldn't have to sacrifice a site layout for them, IMHO.

Just checking the stats on my site, over the past month and a half, I've had 2093 unique hits, and 201 of those are with 800 x 600 screen resolution. That's nearly 10% of my customers, which is more than it really should be, in my opinion.

I know in this poor town alot of people buy old used systems that only work at 800x600.

And then there are people like my wife who only use the 800x600 ( shes wired ) when she can go higher ( women ).

so I Feel that we need to stay in the 800x600 zone or lose some sales ( I dont know about you. but i do know i like money ) so i will stay in the 800X600 zone size so maybe I can make some MONEY :-)

i always try and build my sites to 800 x 600 that way i get 100% of peeps looking and not just 85%

i use 1024x768 and even i have to scroll left and right sometimes but beleive me unless its a mind blowing site and always click on the red cross before i scroll left or right i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i use 1680 x 1050 and could even goto 1920 x 1200... but then again.. almost 10% of the people that visit saztar.com use 800x600... and would hate to cut my $ by 10%

some stats..

Res                  Hits     

1024 x 768          9509           53.7%	

1280 x 1024         3268            18.45%	

800 x 600            1700            9.6%

Tony~!

I almost blinded myself the other day on a service call when i turned on a PC to see 640x480!

1024*768 for me, i've tried higher but im too used to it now :(

I almost blinded myself the other day on a service call when i turned on a PC to see 640x480!

1024*768 for me, i've tried higher but im too used to it now :P

Holy Moly I didn't know it was still around! Man that must have hurt :D

Thank you for your input guys, appreciated

I say we just round up anyone using 800*600 or less and have them shot! :D

Or we could just upgrad them... you know.. and keep them as healthy customers :P

erm..

I should have looked at my stats before opening my mouth and putting my foot in it!

I take it back, I will endeavour to keep all my sites 800x600 friendly (but I draw the line at 640x480!)

shop.lightspeed.net.au - Interesting sales tactics? Let us know how you get on :D

I say we just round up anyone using 800*600 or less and have them shot! :P

Or we could just upgrad them... you know.. and keep them as healthy customers :P

i dunno.... i think i prefer my method :P

Or we could combine the two... have them upgraded at gun-point in case they dont want to cooperate :D