How do you get digital downloads to work

Guest Pro-com

Guest Pro-com

i have read from a site which linked me to this product that you can get cubecart to download files once they have paid for the product how do i do this?

Guest twisted

When you are adding or editing a product, at the very bottom, you can specify wheether the product is real[physical] or virtual[digital]. If you select digital, cubecart handles everything else that enables the product to be downloadable.

Note...this feature is ONLY availabe in v.3. If you have version 2.x.x, you need a mod for it. [The only reason I point this out, is because if you have added even a single product, you would have seen this feature and probably wouldn;t have needed to ask this question. As you have asked it, I suspect you are looking at a version that does not feature it, ie version 2].

Guest Pro-com

Hi i have found that now but i have another problem . Each time i go to download the product it comes up with an error this one acturally: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1.

Please Help

Thanks

Chris

I can't get Didigtal downloads to work have tried variuos file types and keep getting same error

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1.

Guest andrea71

Hi i have found that now but i have another problem . Each time i go to download the product it comes up with an error this one acturally: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1.

Please Help

Thanks

Chris

I had exactly the same problem. Does this mean that this function does not work?

Is this going to be fixed?

I'm using version 3 beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i have the same problem Here

Cube cart support team reply me this

This may be a bug in the Beta version where either the Customer Id is not stored in the database during purchase or is not pulled out of the database properly upon download.

I will investigate this and ensure it is fixed on the final version.

so can any one solve this ???

cause i can't wait until final version

I stop my work now waiting for this to be solved

• 2 weeks later...
Guest debwire

Has this issue been resolved in final version 3.0.0? I hesitate to launch my site until this is verified. Is there any way we can test this on our installations? I'd like to test what a customer will encounter during the purchasing process and see if the downloads (and their paths) really work. Please advise.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tinydancer

Hi,

no it isn't resolved in 3.0.1 either. Its all there for you to do but it don't work.

whats worrying is that it will let you set up digital products, will take your customers money then won't give them the download info.

Its all getting a bit ridiculous for my liking, they actually want you to pay for a licence for this thing?

I think not.

Guest jaycarney

If your getting an error making you download download.php then it means that the file path you put for your root server is incorrect.