[Minor] CC3 Category Description Mod

File Name :: CC3 Category Description Mod

Author :: louisplatt

Category :: Minor

Description

This tiny mod allows you to add a description to your categories.

View File

Description ::

Updated Thu, Jul 14 2005 11:39 am

View File

Edited by Guest

Guest GnomeyNewt

Thanks for this mod. I was thinking about how it would be great to have descriptions for the category. Waiting for v3.01 to start changing things up tho. :errm:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tbladecki

I have to say that it worked great!!! I know nothing about scripting, programing, sql, and I was able to follow it step by step, loaded the pages, and it worked great. Thank you for being so direct and clear with the instructions!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

Just a side note to this mod - make sure that when editting includes/content/viewCat.inc.php you use the following instructions:

Open includes/content/viewCat.inc.php

Find

$currentCatQuery = "SELECT cat_name, cat_father_id, cat_id FROM ".$config['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_id = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['catId']);

replace with:

$currentCatQuery = "SELECT cat_name, cat_desc, cat_father_id, cat_image, cat_id FROM ".$config['dbprefix']."CubeCart_category WHERE cat_id = ".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['catId']);

Note: the difference is that cat_image is missing from the original SQL command. (If using cc3 it is in the file, however the mod instructions don't include it, so you could end up turning the category images off, while turning the description on)

This is of course if you need to have the Category Images showing. :unsure:

Cheers.

Hi guys

Just installed this mod and have now got this problem

MySQL Error Occured

1054: Unknown column 'cat_desc' in 'field list'

QUERY = INSERT INTO CubeCart_category (`cat_name`, `cat_desc`, `cat_father_id`, `cat_image`, `per_ship`, `item_ship`, `item_int_ship`, `per_int_ship`) VALUES ('Mobile Phones', 'Get the latest Mobile Phones with the best deals on tariffs', '0', 'samsung_2107.png', '', '', '', '')

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest EverythingWeb

This would indicate that the column has not been created correctly.

Could you print the Schema for that table from your database please?

For phpmyadmin - do an export of the Structure for that table.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tbladecki

"jeroenz19" need a little help...... what exactly did you do?? I have installed this on mine "www.desertcoralaquatics.com" and it works fine... It could be that you did not add the (TXT DESC) part correctly. Even if everything else is there it will not "show" the description wihtout it. I found out the hard way after I did an update and everything was in place execpt that.

Guest jeroenz19

See here:

Open: includes/content/viewCat.inc.php

Add on line 73 the next piece of code:

$view_cat->assign("CAT_DESC",$subCategoroies[$i]['cat_desc']);

Then open: skins/classic/styletemplates/content/viewCat.tpl

Add 

{CAT_DESC}

Where you want the description to appear!

This should work!

Guest Denver Dave

I've noticed a difference in the level links not being displayed:

Before: $view_cat->assign("CURRENT_DIR",getCatDir($currentCat[0]['cat_name'],$currentCat[0]['cat_father_id'], $currentCat[0]['cat_id'], $link=TRUE));

gives:

Products in: /Candles/Aromatherapy/Bergamot Lime

with the first 2 levels being links

After:

$view_cat->assign("CURRENT_DIR",getCatDir($currentCat[0]['cat_name'],$currentCat[0]['cat_desc'],$currentCat[0]['cat_father_id'], $currentCat[0]['cat_id'], $link=TRUE));

gives:

Products in: /Bergamot Lime

does not show the two cateories above

May or may not be related, I have not been able to see my category text yet and am in the process of trying to track that down.

Suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Yes, I too have that happening.

Prior to this mod, I added Webpresentation's excellent breadcrumbs mod - everything works except for the previous categories Denver Dave has mentioned.

Look forward to getting this fixed as both mods are excellent!

• 1 month later...
Guest speak2stv

Hey, all... (y'all?)

After updating everything, when I go to CubeCart admin, and then either the "View Categories" or "Add Category" option, I get the following error:

Error 401: You do not have permission to access that page. Please ask one of the super users to grant this for you.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance!!!

-Stv

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed a difference in the level links not being displayed:

Before:  $view_cat->assign("CURRENT_DIR",getCatDir($currentCat[0]['cat_name'],$currentCat[0]['cat_father_id'], $currentCat[0]['cat_id'], $link=TRUE));

gives:

Products in: /Candles/Aromatherapy/Bergamot Lime

with the first 2 levels being links

After:

$view_cat->assign("CURRENT_DIR",getCatDir($currentCat[0]['cat_name'],$currentCat[0]['cat_desc'],$currentCat[0]['cat_father_id'], $currentCat[0]['cat_id'], $link=TRUE));

gives:

Products in: /Bergamot Lime

does not show the two cateories above

May or may not be related, I have not been able to see my category text yet and am in the process of trying to track that down.

Suggestions?

Dont make this $view_cat->assign..... replacement and link level will be ON.

@louisplatt

can you collect all this info and upload/change the file so we can have the total solution?

It would be great if you had the time and this :blink:

Guest Mysiteonline

I've just installed this mod on a site i'm working on, here

I've noticed that i now have an extra blank category on the main page.

any ideas where i went wrong?

Many thanks

Guest Denver Dave

Is there a process where mods could be nominated and considered for inclusion in the base product? I realize that different people may want different things, but some mods like this one, seem to be naturals in that if you do not want a discription, just don't enter one.

what version was this written for, because im getting all sorts of problems i cant find specific code ... for includes/content/viewCat.inc.php

im using 3.0.5 atm

Guest Denver Dave

I was using category descriptions with 3.0.3, but have not applied yet to 3.0.6 until I've sorted out issues with blank admin emails in 3.0.6. I'm not expecting problems, but you never know.

• 1 month later...
Guest miscellany

The link below to this mod goes the the forum main page? I would like to use this mod.. is it online somewhere else?

thanks

Description

View File