CC 3.0.1 categories problem

Guest desolation

You have a title (Loudspeakers / Headphones) that's too long. I'd suggest separating them into their own categories. If you fix that, it should straighten itself out. But ideally, you should widen the center column or allow it to go as wide as it wants to.

There is a cheap and easy way to help straighten it out, but it's not exactly the best way to go about it. In the layout.css file, under the #subCats definition (near the bottom) simply remove the the "width: 387;" line. Or, if you still don't like the box and it doesn't look right simply rename the #subCats definition. Your sub-categories will still appear, but no longer be constrained in a separate box.

Guest desolation

You have a title (Loudspeakers / Headphones) that's too long. I'd suggest separating them into their own categories. If you fix that, it should straighten itself out. But ideally, you should widen the center column or allow it to go as wide as it wants to.

it's not only there i have the problem

and i really don't have the knowledge to fix this myself, will it be solved in 3.0.2 ?

And how about the related issue of not being able to limit the sub-categories to 2 across.

see: http://www.wendycostastudio.com/store/inde...iewCat&catId=30

I have this set to 2 in the general settings but it persists in displaying 3 across, thus distorting that cell.

I've seen other users complaining about this but, if there has been a fix for it, I've missed seeing it.

Anyone, please?

desolation, your fix is actually VERY easy. Simply edit the layout.css file in /skins/Killer/styleSheets/layout.css

Near the bottom, you'll find the specification for #subCats. In that section, simply remove the line that says "width: 387px;". That will let that column go as wide as it needs to.

As for the other problem jerseyjoe, I haven't dug deep enough to find a fix for that, but I have a few ideas. That is more than a layout issue. I believe it would be something brooky would incorporate into 3.0.2 or 3.0.3.

Guest vrakas

Total solution for the layout in sub-categories is:

edit the file in /skins/Killer/styleSheets/layout.css

1) Find the #subCats.

Remove the line that says "width: 387px;".

2) Find subCat and add 'height: 60px;'

This has been tested and works fine. (Well its much better than what it was) :)

Hope this helps B)

Guest desolation

Yeah, sub-cats are already fine

But it's the 'new products' that are still screwed up, and i can't see where to edit that