Buy button to cart help

Gday guys

Can someone help with this little tech fix.

I want the buy button similar to CC2, when you press buy a product you are taken to cart.php.

Then if you are only buying 1 item, you then proceed pay and checkout.

If buying extra items then press continue.

I have found it a bit confusing and dont want to loose customers, as people expect to press buy then have the option of continuing if they please.

CC3 looks to be very user freindly, but when people want to buy the want is easily and quickly.

Thanks guys

Guest retire_young2005

I was looking at the affiliate plug-ins and when I looked at http://www.idevdirect.com/store/?osCsid=35...5502bc8d4802ac1

I realized that the steps to make the purchase were very simply and clear. It was not coonfusing.

By simply adding a Check Out button and a Continue Shopping button after the customer selects the product would clear up alot of confusion.

I don't want to lose customers because they don't understand how to use the shopping cart.

I have to admit when i first tested it out, after selecting the product i had to look around a bit to figure out the next step.

I can only imagine that a new customer would get frustrated and go some where else.

Guest cyberdesigner

I agree with this post - definately needed! I have managed to add 'view basket' buttons to the category view and product view using the following method.

(The instructions below mean you need to edit a couple of files, but it works fine and it should only take you a few minutes - remember to back up your files first and use a text editor - not word or similar).

Changes to code.

viewCat.tpl

add:-

<a href="cart.php?act=cart" class="txtviewCart">{LANG_VIEW_CART}</a>

after existing code:-

<a href="index.php?act=viewProd&productId={PRODUCT_ID}" target="_self" class="txtButton">{BTN_MORE}</a></p></form>

veiwCat.inc.php

$view_cat->assign("LANG_VIEW_CART",$lang['front']['boxes']['view_basket']);

after existing code:- (check the if statements to decide when you want button to show)

$view_cat->assign("BTN_BUY",$lang['front']['viewCat']['buy']);

veiwProd.tpl

<br /><a href="cart.php?act=cart" class="txtviewCart">{LANG_VIEW_CART}</a>

after: - <a href="java script:submitDoc('addtobasket');" class="txtButton">{BTN_ADDBASKET}</a>

viewProd.inc.php

includes / content

$view_prod->assign("LANG_VIEW_CART",$lang['front']['boxes']['view_basket']);

after:-

$view_prod->assign("BTN_ADDBASKET",$lang['front']['viewProd']['add_to_basket']);

Hope this helps!