Productt Options problem

This was something I noticed with v3.0 and hoped 3.0.1 would have fixed it, but....

In product options, you can only add an option to an item (in the options_bot) when that option is visible in the page of options_mid that are currently displayed. A pain in the butt to have to find the option I want in mid first, then add to an item.

I really want to see product options handle like the mod for easy product ops (I don't remember the exact name, athur, and couldn't find it in the forums again). :on2long:

I think that was how it was designed to work.... You would think that there would be something that would work more dynamic... Myself, I would rather have a page where you enter all of the option names and attributes and then actually enter the options under the specific product.

• 1 month later...

This is still working this way in version 3.0.3 and I think it must be a bug as you can really mess up your data with the current way that it works.

Mysty is right that you can only add an option to a product if that option is visible in section 2 (product options). This is a real pain if you have 30 or 40 option attributes for one option name (i.e. 30-40 colours). But this gets even worse if you have two different options i.e. Colour and Size each of which have 30-40 option attributes as it is possible to add a mismatched option name (size) with a option attribute (Blue) to a product because the drop down box in section 3 isnt listing the correct options.

In section 3 when you choose Colour under option name it should list all possible colour options and when you change that to Size it should list all the possible sizes - what it is actually doing is very wrong and dangerous.

Has anybody else seen this and come up with a fix for it yet

Thanks

Ian

• 1 month later...