Upgrade from 3.00 to 3.02

Guest vrakas

Guest vrakas

Hi there,

1) How can i upgrade from Ver.3.00 to 3.02 directly not going through 3.01.

2) What files should i backup so i can perform a fresh installation and then replace (restore) them so i dont loose anything. (sort of a backup)

I have moded the cart's and i will backup those extra modified files.

Thanks

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

The only database change from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 is the following:

ALTER TABLE `*PREFIX*CubeCart_order_inv` ADD `stockUpdated` INT DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

(replace *PREFIX* with the installation Prefix)

I found that following the "standard" instructions works absolutely fine, after running the ALTER script above (directly in database)

Upload every file to the server replacing your existing ones excluding:

includes/global.inc.php

install/

language/:(.inc.php (If they have been modified

What I personally do, Is backup the whole site & database. Then do the upload/copy of the new files. Then copy the Skin folder back in for the site's custom skin.

I have today, upgraded 4 stores from 3.0.0 > 3.0.2 and 2 from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2.

All have gone without a hitch - and I am just working back through our database of hacks/mods applied to each store.

Hope this helps.

This is helpful, however I'm not much of a Database guy and am wondering what and where to go to to do the Database mod, and am wondering if there is anyway around it.

CODE

ALTER TABLE `*PREFIX*CubeCart_order_inv` ADD `stockUpdated` INT DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

(replace *PREFIX* with the installation Prefix)

Here's some info on that file from phpMyAdmin area that I've worked with a little:

CubeCart_order_inv

Field Type Null Default

productId int(11) No 0

productCode varchar(255) No

name varchar(225) No

quantity int(32) No 0

price decimal(30,2) No 0.00

cart_order_id varchar(30) No

id int(32) No

product_options text No

digital int(1) No 0

Do I add 'stockUpdated' and set the default field to zero at the end of this list of fields?

Guest EverythingWeb

In phpMyAdmin, towards the top of the page when you are in the database, there is an "SQL" option.

Open that page, then in the command box, copy the following:

ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_order_inv` ADD `stockUpdated` INT DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

It should come back saying 1 Command Completed Successfully.

Just tried it in the window that came up and said "Run SQL query/queries on database "

No confirmation came up, how do I know that I made a change by looking at the data base?

I checked the structure and it doesn't appear that I've made the change, or at least there isn't a 'stockUpdated' field in the structure.

Am I using the right command window that says "Run SQL query/queries on database "

I thought a query was just a search or something.

Is there another way to make this mod? It looks like I can add a field to the table.

Published all the new files, and ran the upgrade scipt and saw a confirmation page, but my admin area it still says that I'm running 3.0.0 Beta and says there's updates available. This doesn't make me warm and fuzzy inside. Is there something wrong? how can I be sure that I have 3.0.2? and if I do how do I make the admin area look like I have the latest version?

Thanks for your help.

-walt

Also, when orders are placed automatic emails to the store email address and costomer are not sent, this is the main reason why I'm going to v3.0.2 because I thought this would be fixed.

Guest EverythingWeb

It sounds like you haven't uploaded *ALL* the files required.

There is one file in particular which stores the version number, so if you uploaded this file it should have been okay.

Can I suggest maybe re-downloading the actual software package and then re-uploading the required files.

As I said earlier, I haev done quite a few, all without a problem (Think I maybe doing more this coming Friday by the sounds of it!) lol

I redownloaded 3.0.2 put my old global.inc.php in there and deleted the install folder and my site is no longer accesable, I will be working to get it restored from a backup. That wasn't the way I should have done it I now realize.

I'm using frontpage to publish my website and I think that frontpage didn't upload all the files, as I didn't select 'publish all pages' I only selected 'publish changed pages only'. So the first thing I did when I finally got my site restored is to 'publish all pages' from the frontpage project I've been working from. And now my site is down again.

Is that 'global' file dynamic or something, I mean, does it change after I first published it? That's the only reason why I would think that my site is down after publishing all pages.

I was attempting this because I believe that Frontpage didn't, or doesn't detect certain changes in files or something which would explain after following your steps I didn't see a change in the version in the admin area.

Do you have any ideas as to why I wouldn't be able to publish all my pages from frontpage? Is the file 'global.inc.php' not to ever be touched again once cube cart has been installed?

I cannot believe how hard and painful this has been, my site has been down 2x this week requiring a full restore each time. Now I am determined to go from 3.0 to 3.0.2 in a test directory and I have encountered nothing but problems. I thought that it was only the ‘global’ file that I had to make sure I didn’t overwrite. Anyway here’s what I’ve done tonight:

1. Installed 3.0-Beta in a test directory, this was successful and I added one product to make sure it was working.

2. Then I dumped all the files except the ‘global’ file from the download for 3.0.2 into my Frontpage project, and I published all those files, overwriting everything on the server.

3. I then ran the ‘upgrade.php’, or tried to and it returned without being able to get access to the database.

4. So I took the ‘global’ file that came with the 3.0.2 and populated it with the proper values and published it. This allowed me to run the ‘upgrade.php’ script properly, however it didn’t let me back onto the site, because some table was missing or something.

It took me weeks to get my online store filled with products and I’m beginning to think that I’ll have to redo all that work to get the store up to v3.0.2. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

Guest EverythingWeb

Using FrontPage?

Can you not use FTP to move the files around?

I don't use Frontpage (at all) so I don't know how it handles uploads, but I would favour the FTP route.

It sounds like with the amount of upgrades/downgrades/alterations you haev got different versions of files strewn all over the place.

There's three things to remember when doing any work to your stores:

Backup, Backup & Backup.