What is CubeCart?
Whether you are a retailer looking for an online store or a webmaster seeking an ecommerce solution for a client… CubeCart is a powerful free ecommerce solution enabling thousands of merchants globally to sell digital or physical products online.
Firstly we would like to wish all CubeCart merchants a very happy and prosperous new year. We hope you had a very merry Christmas with friends and family.
In 2019 we have a lot planned...
CubeCart Hosted will be launched. Currently in testing stage it will be possible to launch a hosted CubeCart store by simply entering your email address on a form. Your store login will be sent via email in seconds. More info to follow in coming weeks.
6.2.3 will be launched. Many may have noticed a slight slowdown in development. This has been for two reason. The first reason is that 6.2.2 is really very stable and secondly that we have been channeling our energy into our soon to be launched hosted platform.
We are planning to offer a wider array of official CubeCart themes and extensions including a brand new PayPal integration.
Many thanks for your continued support,
Permalink | 7th January 2019 10:31
Our PayPal Express Checkout integration now has smart button support. With Smart Payment Buttons, consumers can choose which payment method they want to use. The checkout dynamically shows the most relevant payment methods at checkout, including PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Venmo, ELV/SEPA (Germany only) and PayPal Credit (US only). Merchants can also control the size, shape and colour.
In order to use Smart Buttons merchants will need to upgrade their extension to 1.2.0, change their "Checkout Mode" and obtain a Client ID. Further instructions can be found on the extension configuration screen.
Permalink | 21st December 2018 13:03
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart 6.2.2. This is a maintenance release which also patched a new XSS vulnerability found by Zekvan at Netsparker. We urge all merchants to upgrade to this version at their earliest convenience.
30 issues have been closed but notably those listed below.
- Admin CP 404 Error XSS Vulnerability
- PHP 7.2 support with OpenSSL support to replace Mcrypt.
- Caching optimisation
Permalink | 7th August 2018 11:55
We are pleased to announce the release of 6.2.1 which stabilises and builds on the features of 6.2.0. In particular the GDPR tools have been extended upon to log cookie consent and numerous purge tools have been created to clean up the mailing list, customers and orders. A full breakdown of bug fixes and features can be found on the GitHub issue tracker.
Please visit out knowledge base for upgrade instructions.
Permalink | 11th June 2018 12:53
We are excited announce the release of CubeCart 6.2 which sports a number of fabulous new features. Maintenance release 6.1.15 is also available for those who are not ready or are not keen to make use of the new features. Massive thanks to all those who have tested and reported any 6.2 bugs.
What's New in 6.2?
- Incremental order numbers (with dynamic prefix/suffix). #636
- Tools to help with GDPR. #1892, #354 *
- Automatically minified and compressed HTML, CSS & JS. #1905 *
- Checkout state/county can be required, optional or disabled. #1870 *
- Invoice template editor tool. #1904
- Caching improvements. #1536
- Product category added to Google Analytics for eCommerce. #1859 *
- Order summary to show "guide" currency used. #1913
- Ability to show hide site document titles. #1907 *
- Email log to show fail reason. #1899
- Email configuration test to work prior to save. #1894
- reCaptcha added to newsletter signup. #1891 *
- Colours added to admin control panel order statuses. #1888
- Introduction of "Safe Mode". #892
- Product dimensions (width, height & depth). #828 *
- Changed admin URL emailed on setup (if changed). #1314
- "Continue Shopping" added to cart at all times. #1381 *
- Search redirect to product detail page for single result. #1427
- Auto delete captured card details when order status changes from pending. #1886
Upgrade Instructions: https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/228/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v6-to-latest-v6
6.2 Release Notes - Please Read!!
* These features will require skin updates if you do not use the default "Foundation" skin from the 6.2 release.
This release has a clear cache on demand tool which significantly optimises the caching system and lowers server load. This means that inventory or configuration changes made in the admin control panel will not be reflected on the front end of the store until the "Clear Cache" button is clicked. This can be found at the top right hand side of every page of the admin control panel. We very much appreciate that this may be seen as an unwelcome new feature but the technical significance is worthy. Unless you have a critical change to make we suggest clearing the cache habitually at the end of each admin session. If the cache is not cleared it may take up to 24 hours for your changes to show.
GDPR is still a very confused and misunderstood subject of which there is no one solution for every business. We will prioritise further development to help compliance based on your feedback if merchants feel they still need extra tools.