No administraor session found

Guest deryckschnee

Guest deryckschnee

I have been getting the following errors during install (which somehow completed fine) and at the adminstrator login page (which does not log me in.)

The errors:

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_6cb6dd8024901fb3a43aa8e57bd2d0f2, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /htdocs/store/index.php on line 33

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_6cb6dd8024901fb3a43aa8e57bd2d0f2, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I am running OpenBSD, so I suppose this might be a permissions thing? Can someone clarify what might be causing these errors? They seem to be preventing any sort of 'session' from taking place.

Thank you,

--Deryck

Guest deryckschnee

I have located the problem...

OpenBSD runs web services (PHP included, doh!) in a chrooted environment. Thus, the /tmp directory that I had configured in my php.ini for session.save_path variable actually translates to /var/www/tmp, not /tmp.

Ugh...

Working now.

--Deryck

Guest mobilegeeks

hello - I'm running cubecart v3.0 on http://www.mobilegeeks.us. The shop installs okay, but these are the errors I receive when trying to login (they appear on the page)

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_cb402d61660c7b08334cba1fa8b94abd, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /shop/admin/login.php on line 31

No administration session was found.

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_cb402d61660c7b08334cba1fa8b94abd, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

any help is greatly appreciated! ;)

also, it says that a database user and password is needed, but I'm using phpadmin for the SQL setup - are they necessary and if so, is there a way to set a user/pass on a database?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest timecrisis

Hi All,

Has anyone found what is causing these types of error?

I am running on Linux..The install as usual works great but then errors at the bottom of the page...

Warning: Unknown(): write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

I think this maybe related to my other post/problem here:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=11489

Any help would be great as ususal! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sychung

I have encountered the problem same as timecrisis encountered, but besides getting those error messages, I also can't login into my admin area, any help please?

The first time I can't login to admin area, I have tried download editconf.php & after resetting the configuration, I can login already, but it just worked for me for short time only, before long, I'm getting the error messages right at the bottom of the page & when I logged out, I can't login anymore. I tried the editconf.php again, this time it won't work at all.

Appreciate if anyone here can help with this problem?

Regards,

Lester

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest bitemesystems

I had the same problem. To fix it find (in win) in php.ini

session.save_path

and write in it absolute pass like:

session.save_path = "C:\tmp\"

I had been fighting all kinds of weird errors when I installed CubeCart 3[1].0.10 on a Windows 2003 Server. I changed my php.ini to an absolute path as suggested above and now all the errors are gone and everything seems to be working. Thanks!