What is CubeCart?
Whether you are a retailer looking for an online store or a webmaster seeking an ecommerce solution for a client… CubeCart is a powerful free ecommerce solution enabling thousands of merchants globally to sell digital or physical products online.
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart 6.2.2. This is a maintenance release which also patched a new XSS vulnerability found by Zekvan at Netsparker. We urge all merchants to upgrade to this version at their earliest convenience.
30 issues have been closed but notably those listed below.
- Admin CP 404 Error XSS Vulnerability
- PHP 7.2 support with OpenSSL support to replace Mcrypt.
- Caching optimisation
Permalink | 7th August 2018 11:55
We are pleased to announce the release of 6.2.1 which stabilises and builds on the features of 6.2.0. In particular the GDPR tools have been extended upon to log cookie consent and numerous purge tools have been created to clean up the mailing list, customers and orders. A full breakdown of bug fixes and features can be found on the GitHub issue tracker.
Please visit out knowledge base for upgrade instructions.
Permalink | 11th June 2018 12:53
We are excited announce the release of CubeCart 6.2 which sports a number of fabulous new features. Maintenance release 6.1.15 is also available for those who are not ready or are not keen to make use of the new features. Massive thanks to all those who have tested and reported any 6.2 bugs.
What's New in 6.2?
- Incremental order numbers (with dynamic prefix/suffix). #636
- Tools to help with GDPR. #1892, #354 *
- Automatically minified and compressed HTML, CSS & JS. #1905 *
- Checkout state/county can be required, optional or disabled. #1870 *
- Invoice template editor tool. #1904
- Caching improvements. #1536
- Product category added to Google Analytics for eCommerce. #1859 *
- Order summary to show "guide" currency used. #1913
- Ability to show hide site document titles. #1907 *
- Email log to show fail reason. #1899
- Email configuration test to work prior to save. #1894
- reCaptcha added to newsletter signup. #1891 *
- Colours added to admin control panel order statuses. #1888
- Introduction of "Safe Mode". #892
- Product dimensions (width, height & depth). #828 *
- Changed admin URL emailed on setup (if changed). #1314
- "Continue Shopping" added to cart at all times. #1381 *
- Search redirect to product detail page for single result. #1427
- Auto delete captured card details when order status changes from pending. #1886
Upgrade Instructions: https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/228/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v6-to-latest-v6
6.2 Release Notes - Please Read!!
* These features will require skin updates if you do not use the default "Foundation" skin from the 6.2 release.
This release has a clear cache on demand tool which significantly optimises the caching system and lowers server load. This means that inventory or configuration changes made in the admin control panel will not be reflected on the front end of the store until the "Clear Cache" button is clicked. This can be found at the top right hand side of every page of the admin control panel. We very much appreciate that this may be seen as an unwelcome new feature but the technical significance is worthy. Unless you have a critical change to make we suggest clearing the cache habitually at the end of each admin session. If the cache is not cleared it may take up to 24 hours for your changes to show.
GDPR is still a very confused and misunderstood subject of which there is no one solution for every business. We will prioritise further development to help compliance based on your feedback if merchants feel they still need extra tools.
Permalink | 23rd April 2018 10:35
We now have the first released candidate for CubeCart 6.2.0. Please refer to the original announcement for more detailed information about 6.2.
Many thanks to all those who have tested the 6.2 branch of CubeCart and reported any issues. Unless any serious bugs are found in RC1 then 6.2.0 final will be available on Tuesday 24th April.