What is CubeCart?
Whether you are a retailer looking for an online store or a webmaster seeking an ecommerce solution for a client… CubeCart is a powerful free ecommerce solution enabling thousands of merchants globally to sell digital or physical products online.
"Amazing shopping cart, very easy to customize and an excellent community with tons of support."Scott Laws
Permalink | 23rd June 2015 11:19
In just over six month time (Monday 7th December) we will be switching off our software license key server. This means that the admin panel of your store will cease to function if;
- your current store is powered by CubeCart 5.2.14 or below.
- you current store is powered by CubeCart 4.4.7 or below.
CubeCart version 6 and version 3 will be unaffected.
How can I tell which version I have?
Please login to the admin side of your store. On the dashboard (the first page after login) there may be a "Store Overview" tab. Clicking this should show your specific version number. If this tab doesn't exist there should be a "Store Overview" box on the dashboard which shows the specific version number. Alternatively it is possible to find the version number in the ini.inc.php file which should be found in the root folder of your store.
If your store is powered by version 5 or version 4 and lower than the version numbers specified above please read on as action is required.
There are two options available.
Upgrade to version 6 (recommended), version 5.2.16 or version 4.4.8. Please find instructions on our helpdesk. This will bypass the software license system.
Download the latest version of the major version you are on (v4 or v5) and replace the admin.php file (found in the store's root folder) with the one from the newer package. This will bypass the software license system.
All versions of CubeCart can be downloaded here: https://www.cubecart.com/download
Permalink | 5th June 2015 09:19
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart version 6.0.5.
- 69 Resolved Issues
- Removed support for SSL on "Sensitive Pages Only".
- Optional field added for short description for products.
- Quick shipping quote on basket ("Foundation" skin only).
Screenshot below shows how shipping quote can be obtained before check out process is initiated.
Permalink | 1st June 2015 11:16
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart 6.0.3 and the subsequent release of 6.0.4. This is a maintenance release which has a number of bug fixes to improve stability.
Permalink | 23rd April 2015 12:06
EDIT: The deadline for entry has been extended to 1st September 2015
With the release of CubeCart v6 and its open source model our popularity is increasing rapidly. We want to celebrate this with a template design competition giving away some really generous cash prizes!
1st Prize: £1,000 GBP (approx $1,500 USD)
2nd Prize: £500 GBP (approx $750 USD)
3rd Prize: £250 GBP (approx $375 USD)
The brief is to develop a responsive CubeCart v6 theme that will work on small, medium and large devices. To qualify for the prize it must be added to our CubeCart Extensions Marketplace by July 1st 2015.
The prize draw will be judged by our staff on 1st August 2015. Reviews and user feedback will play an important role in our decision. Prizes will be paid out by CubeCart Limited in early August (UK company number 5323904).
How do I create a custom template for CubeCart v6?
We recommend downloading the latest build of CubeCart v6 here. Then follow stage 1 of our helpdesk article but using the "Foundation" skin (instead of the old "Vanilla" template) as a starting block for your design. This article was written for CubeCart v5 but the exact same process can be used for v6. There is no requirement to use "Foundation" as a starting block this is just a recommendation but if you do please refer to their documentation for support.
Can my skins be commercial or does it have to be free?
It can be free or commercial. That's up to you.
How do I receive the prize money?
All prizes will be paid via PayPal or bank transfer if UK based.
Can anyone enter?
Yes anyone at all from anywhere in the world can enter so long as the work submitted is yours or you have written permission to submit it on behalf of someone else.
Do you have any other tips?
If you can create sub colour themes it would be beneficial. Sub-themes can be defined in the config.xml file of the skins root folder.
How do people review my design and how will it be judged?
Once submit to the extensions marketplace it is possible to click a link to "Write Review" on its main listing page. User feedback and reviews here will play an important role in our decision. We can't promise that the review with the most feedback and highest rating will win but it will help us a great deal.
That's it.. I'd like to personally wish you all the very best of luck!
CEO/MD & Founder CubeCart
Permalink | 2nd April 2015 09:09
We are pleased to announce the arrival of CubeCart 6.0.2.
- Foundation Framework upgraded to 5.5.1
- Depreciated "Orbit" slider replaced with "BXSlider".
- Backup tool can now skip images and downloads files.
- Three new code hook locations.
- Low risk XSS security vulnerability patch.
- 40 GitHub issues resolved.
Permalink | 24th March 2015 13:53
It is of great pleasure to announce that CubeCart v6 final is now available to download. This means the beta testing period is over and it is considered ready for use in live environments. Since the first beta released approximately nine weeks ago 321 bug fixes and enhancements have been made.
I would like to give a huge thank you to all those who have been involved in the beta testing period as this would not have been possible without you.
- CubeCart v6 is Open Source and 100% Free!
- You can upgrade from v3, v4 & v5 to v6.
- Technical support plans are available for experienced web masters and those with little or no technical expertise at all.
- Developers can submit their extensions into the CubeCart >Extensions Marketplace.
- CubeCart v6 is ported from v5 which means existing v5 skins and extensions are forward compatible.
So... what are you waiting for?!
I'd like to personally wish you all the very best of success with your CubeCart powered store!
Al Brookbanks - CEO/Founder of CubeCart
Permalink | 10th March 2015 09:44
CubeCart 6.0.0b7 is now here. It has 41 bug fixes and feature enhancements. Many thanks to all those who have taken the time to report any issues found.
Permalink | 4th March 2015 12:59
CubeCart 6.0.0b6 is now here. It has 60 bug fixes and feature enhancements. It has been given a lighter and fresher look with expand/collapse memory added to the main navigation.
Permalink | 23rd February 2015 16:48
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart 6.0.0 Beta 5 which has 34 more issues resolved. 180 issue have been resolved since first beta which is an average of 45 per release.
Many thanks to all those who have reported and assisted with any issues found so far. If you do find a problem please help us by reporting them in our GitHub Issue tracker.
Download: CubeCart 6.0.0b5.zip
Permalink | 10th February 2015 16:26
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart 6.0.0 Beta 4. All reported bugs have been fixed and a number of enhancements have been made.
If you haven't tried v6 yet now is a great time to do so. It's very close to final but we need your help to find any remaining trivial bugs prior to this. At the time of writing this there are no bugs reported at all.
Thanks to everybody who have take time to report any issues found and for your continual support.
Download: CubeCart 6.0.0b4.zip
Permalink | 29th January 2015 15:41
We are pleased to announce the launch of the third beta release of CubeCart v6 which includes 40 bug fixes and enhancements.
Again.. a huge thanks to all those who have contributed.
Permalink | 22nd January 2015 19:27
We are pleased to announce the launch of the second beta release of CubeCart v6 which includes 39 bug fixes and enhancements.
Many thanks to all those who have tested it and contributed to any issues found.
Permalink | 13th January 2015 12:07
CubeCart 5.2.16 has been released which overcomes a critical bug in 5.2.15 concerning the display of product options. This bug should not found its way into this release and we apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused.
A full changelog can be found in our v5 GitHub account.
Permalink | 8th January 2015 18:42
Today it is of greatest pleasure to make a number of significant announcements!
- CubeCart is celebrating its tenth birthday as a private UK company.
- CubeCart 6.0.0b1 and 5.2.15 are available for download.
- CubeCart version 6, 5, 4 & 3 are all now open source under the GPL 3.0 licence.
- The all new CubeCart Extensions Marketplace has been launched.
- Enterprise Level technical support plans are now available including managed services.
I've only just purchased CubeCart!? Can I get a refund!?
Yes. We will be happy to refund all orders for software license keys and copyright keys placed in the last 30 days as per our refund policy. Please contact our sales staff with your order number.
What's new in CubeCart v6?
The launch of v6 starts a whole new philosophy for online commerce.
- No Bloatware - CubeCart v6 ships with no extensions and we aim to make it as lightweight and as optimized as possible. Extensions can be easily installed, upgraded or downgraded by copying and pasting a "token" generated from the extensions marketplace. Extensions such as payment gateways, shipping rate calculators, skins etc now have individual version releases which means updates can get to you faster than having to wait and upgrade your store entirely.
- CubeCart v6 ships with one (intentionally basic looking) responsive theme powered by the brilliant Foundation Framework. Customise it easily and quickly or grab an off the shelf skin from the marketplace!
- There have been a number of significant performance enhancements. Improved caching is enabled by default and the homepage should have just three lightweight MySQL queries after the cache is built.
- Tweaks have been made to existing features such as dynamic product options on the manual order builder and improvements to the product import tool.
- All skins, mods, plugins etc (extensions) for v5 are forwardward compatible with version 6.
- Ioncube is no longer required, no software license key is required and calls home are no longer made.
As v6 is a fork of v5 and we don't expect it to be in Beta long. After the beta release is over an announcement will be made and it will then be suitable for production environments.
What's planned for v5?
We will continue to maintain version 5 for the foreseeable future. The most recent release removes the requirement for software/copyright keys, ioncube and any calls home.
Will you be supporting and developing v4 and v3 again?
No. They have been added for archival reasons and are not recommended for production use. New versions however have been made to reflect their new licence and removal of any calls home or software/license key requirement.
Do I need a Copyright Removal Key to remove "eCommerce by CubeCart" notices?
No you don't but we would be grateful if you can support us by keeping it.
What is different about technical support?
We now offer monthly or annually paid technical support subscriptions with service level agreement (SLA). For those who require management a special support plan exists which includes unlimited installs, upgrades, server moves and extension installation. Technical support credits are no longer sold, any existing credits are still valid for use but are excluded from the enterprise service level agreements. Find out more here: https://www.cubecart.com/enterprise-support
Permalink | 5th January 2015 00:01
There has been a lot of information in the press recently around the SSLv3 vulnerability known as POODLE.
As a result of this payment companies will be dropping support for SSLv3 shortly or have done so already.
PayPal - 3rd of December 2014 at 12:01 (PST)
Authorize.net - 4th of November 2014
There are too many integrations to list here so please refer to your provider for further information.
CubeCart automatically negotiates the SSL version based on your server configuration. As a result there is no need for any code changes to be made to your store. We would recommend that you check with your server administrator or web hosting company that support for SSLv3 has been dropped and if not when they intend to do so. No further action is then needed.
Prior to PayPal disabling SSLv3 it is possible to test your store on their test "Sandbox" environment which has already has had SSLv3 disabled.
Permalink | 13th November 2014 17:50
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart 5.2.14. This is a maintenance release and upgrading is not vital but recommended.
- ccAvenue Payment Gateway
- UPG (Secure Hosting) Payment Gateway
- USPS Update
- Misc bug fixes
Permalink | 28th October 2014 11:01
After nearly ten years trading as Devellion Limited we decided that it made more sense to align our company name with our registered trade mark.
Our registered company name has now been changed from "Devellion Limited" to "CubeCart Limited". Official records can be found filed with Companies House.
Permalink | 12th September 2014 15:21
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart 5.2.13. This is a maintenance release with a few small features added.
- Complete rewrite of discount codes and gift certificate redemption
- Shipping now has the ability to inherit the average basket tax rate
- Improved automation to "Cookie Domain" setting with session lockout prevention
- SagePay upgraded from 2.23 to 3.0
- "Assign to European Union" added to tax configuration instead of one country at a time
- New EBS India Payment Module
- All shipping and billing address fields added to order reports CSV export
- "SMTP with SSL" setting added for secure email delivery
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Download Here: CubeCart-5.2.13.zip
Permalink | 18th August 2014 16:55
We are pleased to announce the release of 5.2.12.
- Google Categories Fix
- PayPal Pro Error code 10413 recovery
Download Here: CubeCart 5.2.12
Permalink | 5th June 2014 15:07
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart 5.2.11.
- PayPal Optimisations (See Below)
- Danish Language Pack
- Turkish Language Pack
- Reviews.co.uk Plugin (Learn More)
- Google Analytics tracking code updated
- Search for customers by full name instead of first or last name
- "Locale" bug fix.
- Better support for PHP 5.5
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Product, tax and shipping line items added to PayPal Express Checkout screens.
- PayPal Acceptance Logo to show on store front (admin configurable).
- Merchant configurable colour scheme and brand logo on PayPal pages (admin configurable).
- PayPal Pro Hosted Solution now mobile optimised.
- Express Checkout funding decline recovery redirect back to PayPal.
- API updated to latest version from 74 to 112.
- PayPal Branding Updated
Download Here: http://www.cubecart.com/downloads/
Permalink | 20th May 2014 11:54
In short succession to 5.2.9 we have released 5.2.10 which fixes a number of issues relating to new session ID regeneration code.
- Fixes "random" admin logout
- Fixes image list on add/edit product
- Fixes issue with blank screens from custom language phrases
Permalink | 14th April 2014 10:22
We are pleased to announce the release of 5.2.9 which is available for immediate download.
- Session Fixation Vulnerability & Potential Session Hijack Patch. Thanks to James Sibley from http://www.pentester.co
- Shared SSL is not longer supported due to this vulnerability as session ID is no longer passed in URL
- New PayVector Module
- Improved PayPal Pro Direct Payment Error Handling
- Canonical Fix for "Sorting" variables
- Smarty Tags FIxed in Rich Text Editor
- "RTL" (right to left) language support fix
- Fix to prevent possible empty order email notifications
- Fixed hard coded links to admin folder in admin HTML and JS
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
Download Here: CubeCart 5.2.9
Permalink | 10th April 2014 15:44
It comes with great pleasure to announce that development of CubeCart v6 is well underway.
Here's what you need to know...
- v6 will be a free upgrade for existing v5 customers.
- CubeCart v5 skins, plugins and modules will be compatible with v6.
- CubeCart v5 will be supported and developed still.
- Development timelines are still not fully finalised and we do not have a release date available yet.
We want to keep it as lightweight as possible and thus it will come with;
- one default responsive skin powered by Foundation Framework with serious UX enhancements and sub-themes.
- no modules or plugins out of the box.
- "One click" install for new skins, modules & plugins via admin control panel.
After the release of v6 we plan to develop a number of plugins to further empower your store. Details of these will be released at a later date. Third party plugins will also be available.
Permalink | 6th March 2014 08:18
We are pleased to announce the release of CubeCart 5.2.8 which is a maintenance release. Upgrading is recommended but not critical.
- Improved session support for IE11
- Removal of unpopular "Please verify shipping methods" message on checkout
- Improved migration of tax tables on v4 upgrade
- Fixed multiple dashes on SEO URL's
- Fixed "fixed discount" amount on inventory tab of add/edit order of control panel
- Fix to make sure email logo doesn't show on gateway page of checkout
- Delivery of digital products moved to "Processing" status to prevent delay on mixed tangible/digital orders